Donorly is currently seeking a full-time researcher to conduct a variety of donor research tasks for nonprofit clients. The ideal candidate has a cooperative, can-do spirit, is organized, customer service-oriented, and has the ability to successfully multi-task. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing and proofreading skills, are a must.
Donorly is a consulting firm working with nonprofit organizations to improve fundraising results by refining individual and institutional solicitation processes, research practices, board development, and all aspects of fundraising.
Our office is located in the Times Square WeWork building, where we are active in the WeWork community.
- Conduct proactive and reactive research on prospective donors, using internet resources and subscription research tools to locate, analyze and interpret financial capacity and propensity.
- Use data-driven prospect development techniques to identify individuals and institutions who have the capacity and inclination to support clients’ activities.
- Assist in identifying potential new prospects for client priorities.
- Collaborate with clients and staff to provide research-based analysis to assist with cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Plan and organize regular donor research training sessions to keep the Donorly team up to date on industry best practices and research strategies.
- Monitor clients research hours, ensuring a steady flow of work to client that does not exceed paid allotment.
- Maintain company awareness of the state of the prospect research industry through conferences, seminars/webinars and training sessions.
BACKGROUND, PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
Ideal candidate has a cooperative, can-do spirit, is organized, customer service-oriented, and has the ability to successfully multi-task. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing and proofreading skills, are a must. Candidate should possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database management. A familiarity with standard donor research tools is a plus.
Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree. Experience in the nonprofit sector a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Research Associate Search. NO CALLS.
Minimum Education Required