Details: Salary commensurate with experience
The Social Changery strives to ensure that all people, regardless of circumstance or background, have equitable opportunities for educational, health and economic success. We are passionate about planning and implementing projects designed for a specific, positive social impact. We are 100%, unapologetically here to advance the health, dignity and rights of all people.
The Social Changery brings together a group of innovative, socially-minded professionals from backgrounds in mental health, business development, program design, technology, community organizing, teaching, and more. Our current projects include a statewide public health social marketing campaign, development and production of a workplace training curriculum, cannabis prevention education for youth and young adults, strategic planning for a faith-based mental health stigma reduction program, curriculum design for a national youth career development program, and more.
Are you ready to join our team? The Social Changery is looking for an energetic, problem solving, self-directed individual who brings exceptional technical, organizational, communications and project management skills to their work and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Project Manager works collaboratively with Changery staff, clients and the community we serve to implement and manage a wide variety of projects/activities with minimal direction.
Regular duties include:
- Developing, coordinating, implementing and managing multiple projects/activities’ deliverables and timelines.
- Initiating and completing necessary communications to assure success of projects/activities.
- Developing and creating written content for curriculum, manuals, presentations, reports, websites, newsletters etc.
- Taking minutes and capturing key decisions and action items for meeting attendees.
- Managing and updating calendars, scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Creating and maintaining databases.
- Assisting with the facilitation and coordinating of schedules and activities to ensure projects/activities are completed within timelines.
- Planning, organizing and leading meetings.
- Event planning, presenting and/or tabling at conferences and events.
- Providing reports, including analysis and evaluations.
- Collaborating with clients and partner organizations to promote the objectives of projects/activities.
- Performing project-based administrative and organizational functions as needed, including developing project schedules, record keeping, proofreading, communicating with vendors, clients and suppliers, making travel arrangements, and responding to emails, phone calls and inquiries.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including time and task management.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, G Suite, MailChimp, video and audio conferencing, databases and social media platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work independently while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Shows initiative, determination, and follow-through on all tasks and projects.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly determined and committed to learning and improvement.
- Ability to integrate new content and research into social justice, public health, and community development projects.
- Ability to collaborate and work well on a team, as well as establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Positively and professionally manage client relationships.
- Ability to prepare and maintain clear, accurate, and concise records and reports.
- Highly skilled in effective speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Able to work with individuals from a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, social science or community development field, or five years of relevant professional experience in similar field.
- Familiarity with communications for marketing, community organizing, education, advocacy, and policy campaigns.
- Past experience in outreach and education of diverse cultural/ethnic communities of California.
- Genuine respect for economic and cultural diversity.
- Experience in group facilitation and community education.
- Full-time 40 hours per week, salaried, exempt position.
- Position start date ASAP.
- Based in co-working office in Sacramento, with flexibility to work remotely as workload allows.
- Transportation needed for meetings and events.
- Some travel to client meetings and events required.
- Primarily standard business hours (e.g. M-F, 9am-5:30pm), with option for negotiated flexible hours as workload allows. Some evenings and weekends required for special events or conferences.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work at a laptop workstation for periods up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to speak on the telephone for 2 hours at a time.
- Ability to sit for up to 3 hours without breaks at meetings.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to 4 hours without breaks at client events and meetings.
A job at The Social Changery is unlike any you’ve ever had. Our work is driven by strong values, dedicated passion, visionary principles, and community-led change. You will be challenged to think outside the box, expand your comfort zones, and succeed in a fast-paced team. We believe in hard work, valuing our staff for their skills and talents, and providing a work environment and hours that allow for healthy work-life balance.
Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, and vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required