EdOps is a social venture and certified B Corp that is focused exclusively on providing high-value back office services to charter schools. We assist schools with a range of services including finance & accounting, human resources, student data management, and charter school start-up. Our goal is to provide schools with a level of professionalism in these areas that they could not achieve on their own, and in so doing allow school leaders to focus more of their time directly on boosting student achievement.
We are looking for a mission-driven and business-oriented individual who excels at working with clients in diverse organizations. The position is ideal for an individual looking to apply business, analytical, and accounting skills in a growing company working to improve public education.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience. Start date is flexible.
- Serve as out-sourced CFO for a portfolio of charter schools
- Prepare monthly financial statements and presentations for school clients
- Assist schools with budget planning process
- Serve as a business consultant to school to analyze, model, and solve problems on a wide range of business issues
- Assist schools with a variety of business-related issues
- Assist with grants management, accounts payable, payroll
- 2 to 5 years of work experience, preferably in a related field
- Strong MS Excel skills and financial modeling (familiarity with accounting software a plus)
- Financial analysis and problem solving skills
- MBA, MPP, MPA, CMA or other advanced degree with analytical focus.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough, detail-oriented and quality-conscious individual who can balance multiple assignments
- Commitment to education and knowledge of charter schools a major plus
- Ability to travel within city occasionally and work non-standard hours to attend evening board meetings, etc.
EdOps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume with cover letter to Dan Theisen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Charter School Finance Specialist (NY)