Full Court Press Communications is looking for a full time Communications Coordinator. We provide strategic communications counsel to foundations, businesses, education institutions, government agencies, advocacy coalitions, nonprofits and more.
We seek a smart, creative team player with exceptional organizational skills and good written and verbal communications skills. The person in this role will do the following:
- Serve as an executive assistant to the firm’s Principal and Chief Operating Officer. This includes managing their calendars and appointment requests, tracking action items, taking notes during calls and meetings, and running errands as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the office. Examples of this include ordering office supplies, interfacing with our internet and phone vendors, picking up food for the staff on busy days, and generally working to keep the office running smoothly.
- Support the firm’s Principal and Chief Operating Officer on marketing activities. This includes participating in meetings and calls with prospective clients to take notes and track action items. It also includes managing the firm’s website, e-mail communications and social media.
- As time allows, serve in a supportive role on FCP’s client work. This includes participating in client calls and meetings, writing press materials and social media content, calling reporters, and contributing to the planning and execution of events.
One year of experience in public relations, nonprofit work, political campaigns, or administrative support is desired but not required.
Qualities desired in a candidate include the following:
- Excellent organizational skills and experience juggling and keeping track of multiple priorities.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to work independently and under short deadlines, and bounce quickly between projects without missing a beat.
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms and experiencing leveraging these mediums to support communications goals.
- Prior experience providing administrative or scheduling support is a plus.
- Design skills and experience managing e-newsletter systems and websites are a plus.
- Extra points for Spanish fluency or other language skills.
People of color encouraged to apply. This is a salaried position with health, commuting, retirement and other benefits.
Minimum Education Required