Details: Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Would you like to play an integral role in transforming the lives of incarcerated men and women around the globe?
With more than 22,000 prisons worldwide and over 10 million people imprisoned in them, prisoners make up one of the largest unreached groups in the world. Prison Fellowship International was founded in 1979 and continues to follow God’s calling to proclaim the Gospel worldwide. The Prisoner’s Journey is a transformational, evangelism and discipleship program that puts the living Word of God in the hands of prisoners … almost all of them for the first time. The Sycamore Tree Project is a biblically based program that introduces the principles of restorative justice. Prisoners meet with groups of unrelated crime victims to talk about the effects of crime, the harm it causes and how to make things right.
Because of the growth of these two programs, PFI is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Prison Programs Manager. The Prison Programs Manager oversees and manages the development, implementation and evaluation of the overall program plan and budget for The Prisoner’s Journey and the Sycamore Tree Project. This includes making decisions about strategies and objectives to meet program goals; leading the overall preparation, implementation, training and evaluation processes for the programs now operating in over 50 countries and 7 regions; developing and managing program budgets; overseeing the analysis and reporting of program efficiencies and deficiencies and providing oversight to the development, translation, refinement, production, fulfilment and shipping of all program materials.
- A bachelor’s degree is highly preferred with a minimum of five to eight years of leadership experience in program or project management that includes developing and managing at least a $1million budget and supervising others.
- Excellent relational, people skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills to set priorities and manage time; thrives on meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast - paced environment.
- Ability to simultaneously work on and prioritize multiple short and long term projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, professional and helpful attitude; a self-motivated team player.
- International work experience is highly preferred.
- Technically adept; efficient in learning new software; advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe products.
- This is a full - time position located at PFI headquarters in Lansdowne, Virginia.
- Ability to travel internationally 30% of the time.
- Alignment with PFI’s mission and vision is crucial … see www.pfi.org. Candidates must have the ability to work with others from diverse cultures and Christian traditions.
- PFI subscribes to the Christian faith as it is historically understood and expressed in the Nicene and Apostles Creeds. Candidates are required to agree with these Creeds and be willing to share their Christian faith journey.
If you are qualified and interested in this unique opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to Betsy McCall, firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Christi Panter, email@example.com. The Reisa Group, Inc. (www.reisagroup.com) is a search firm retained by Prison Fellowship International.
Minimum Education Required