Details: Commensurate with experience.
275 Madison Avenue, Sixth Floor
About GHS Philanthropy Management: GHS is a small, family-run business that provides outsourced administration, management, and advisory services for family foundations, philanthropic individuals, and American foundations organized to support foreign charities (primarily museums). Our clients make grants in the arts, women’s rights, environmental protection, immigrants’ rights, historical preservation, and much more. We provide the highest quality service within a collegial work environment where everyone wears many hats.
Position Description: This position works in our NYC office and manages our Salesforce database, prepares reports on grantmaking and contributions, and handles administrative duties. This position reports to the President and works closely with the other Foundation Associates and the Chief Financial Officer, although the ideal candidate works independently and is self-motivated. Specific duties include:
- Manage the Salesforce databases, excel spreadsheets, and other documentation that track grants and contributions made and pending.
- Prepare reports from various data sources and other documentation for Board meetings, tax returns, and other purposes.
- Enter data from grants and contributions into Salesforce or other databases.
- Prepare grant letters and follow-up on required grant reports.
- Prepare semi-annual work flow schedules for each foundation client using Asana or other project management software.
- Respond courteously and knowledgeably to phone and email inquiries from grant seekers, grantees, board members, donors, and others.
- Prepare materials for selected client meetings, including copying, organizing and assembling complex materials in binders, and mailing, or creating electronic versions for online distribution.
- Open, scan and process incoming mail as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting the other Foundation Associates as needed.
Qualifications: Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent computer skills including a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn new features; Salesforce experience preferred. Excel macro experience a plus. Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines and to work independently with minimal supervision are essential. Must be comfortable as part of the team in a small, family business. Professionalism, integrity, and discretion are critical qualities to maintain client confidence and confidentiality. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Three years in an office environment preferred but less would be considered for an exceptional candidate.
Hours: This position works a regular, full-time schedule.
GHS is an equal opportunity employer.
Health insurance, paid vacation, flex time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume with cover letter to Emily Grand at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.