200 South Michigan Avenue
The Proposal Writer will create and edit proposals for new business and sales presentations, as well as collateral content for a variety of new business development projects.
The Proposal Writer will serve as a collaborative partner to consultants, able to understand client needs, work with consultants to develop creative solutions, and then translate those solutions into informed, tailored proposals. The ideal candidate also will be a thoughtful and creative problem-solver, able to assess and improve current templates, systems, and processes to ensure excellence across all proposals generated by the team.
- Work with consultants to generate high quality, persuasive proposals, sales presentations, and other business development materials
- Identify improvements to templates, systems, and processes to ensure quality and consistency across all proposals
- Review and proofread proposals developed by other team members, ensuring quality and consistency
- Perform edits and coordinate other activities required to ensure on-time delivery of error-free, client-focused proposals under aggressive deadlines
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure the effective integration of all firm research and relevant client case studies into proposals
- Document and update new business opportunities in CRM
- Participate in project based work as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including previous proposal development and/or business writing experience, with demonstrated proficiency in editing and proofreading
- Ability to translate broad, complex concepts from subject matter experts into clear, compelling, and concise communications
- Demonstrated project management abilities and strong organizational skills
- Superlative attention to detail, balanced with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and new business opportunities, exercise sound judgment and independent decision making, and balance multiple assignments simultaneously
- Inquisitive, curious self-starter; interest in or eagerness to learn about the non-profit consulting space; desire to understand overarching business context to improve own understanding of the firm’s work and better describe it in proposals
- Client service orientation and a commitment to meeting high expectations for quality and accuracy under aggressive deadlines
- Self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous, and professional manner in dealing with colleagues and clients
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, journalism, communications, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience, preferably within a non-profit organization or professional services firm in a business development or writing/editorial capacity
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity and comfort with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) a plus
GG+A embodies a high-performance culture. It is client-centric and committed to responding swiftly to client needs and requirements. It is a challenging environment that seeks intelligent, self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented.
Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, long-term care insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) with employer match, transit benefits, matching gift program, health club reimbursement, pet insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 9 holidays plus a day off for your birthday.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants should apply through the link on the careers page of our web site, www.grenzebachglier.com.