Burness, a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits and foundations advance social change worldwide, seeks a dynamic communications professional with strong strategy, media relations, social media, and writing skills. The ideal candidate would have 5 to 7 years of experience in journalism, public relations or on Capitol Hill. Ideally, the candidate has, through their work, become familiar with issues around health and/or factors that impact health (transportation, education, income, nutrition, the environment, etc.).
Basic job requirements include the demonstrated ability to:
· write clearly and concisely (blogs, press releases, op-eds, social media content)
· copy-edit long and short-form documents
· manage independent projects and client relationships
· successfully engage media, social audiences and organizations to raise visibility on and interest in issues
· work collaboratively with a team
· be flexible and willing to change course quickly
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills are also important for this position.
Burness Communications offers excellent benefits, including; 4 weeks paid vacation, tuition assistance for professional development, a friendly and collegial working environment, and a competitive salary. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required