Research Associate, Trade and Logistics, International Development
- Job posted by Nathan Associates Inc.
Nathan Associates is seeking a Research Associate to support the International Development line of business from our home office in Arlington, Virginia. This position may involve some travel, including to the Middle East, Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and other regions.
- Serve as project coordinator for overseas projects—overseeing administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of projects;
- Work with the Finance Department to track project spending and provide periodic financial forecasts;
- Maintain project databases;
- Ensure that projects comply with policies and procedures;
- Serve as proposal coordinator; research and write sections of project proposals;
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and clients;
- Handle logistics for consultant and staff travel, relocation, and project events;
- Search consultant database to identify consultants; enter consultant CVs in the consultant database;
- Manage project deliverables and reports;
- Update website and intranet, as appropriate, including writing success stories; and
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft reports (or inputs) for senior staff or project consultants
- M.A/M.S. in business, international development/affairs, economics, or related field preferred;
- A minimum of two years of experience in a backstopping or administrative role relevant to the international development field;
- Strong Spanish language skills highly preferred;
- Relevant overseas work or internship experience in a developing country context;
- Experience with USAID-funded and /or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including spreadsheet and financial tracking
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors);
- Strong writing skills, which will be assessed during the hiring process;
- Experience in relevant economic growth issues preferred, inclusive of trade policy, trade facilitation, private sector development and business enabling environment; and
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required
No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted.
Nathan Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish highly desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter.