41 East 11th Street, 11th Floor
Fundraising and Development Lead Associate
As of: July 8, 2017
Koszyn & Company is creating a new full-time position of Fundraising and Development Lead Associate to add to its results-oriented team. Serving the non-profit industry, the Company creates and executes fundraising counseling programs, strategic plans and program development for nonprofit institutions. Founded by a former executive of Brooklyn Academy of Music in 2003, Koszyn & Company’s continued growth and staff expansion have reflected its success with over 100 institutions.
Koszyn & Company was nominated for the Crain's New York Small Business Award, the only consulting/service business dedicated to the nonprofit sector to be nominated; its founder was nominated for Best Entrepreneur in New York City.
The Company’s three areas of service include: 1) fundraising and development programs, including large-scale Capital Campaigns; 2) feasibility studies and strategic plans that lead to institutional growth; and 3) program development of special projects, seminars, and public education programs that raise visibility and increase funding for the institution.
Koszyn & Company’s exciting and diverse roster includes/has included the Greenwich Historical Society, NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, The University Club of New York, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Girl Scout Council of Greater New York, Symphony Space, New York Live Arts, The New York State Department of Education, National Center for Law and Economic Justice, The Children’s Museum of Mahattan, and the National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts, amongst many others. (For more complete client list, go to www.koszynandco.com.)
We are looking at candidates who are either recent college graduates or who have at least three years of professional experience in at least four or more of the following areas:
• Development and fundraising counseling for nonprofits
• Foundation fundraising
• Government support fundraising
• Administrative responsibilities, including managing schedules and meeting preparation
• Grant writing for nonprofit companies
• Marketing and new business development, print and digital
• Branding and public relations
• Fundraising client services
• Project management – concept to production and collaboration projects
Long-term and ongoing responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing support services for clients in fundraising, development, and program development;
• Managing client foundation portfolios;
• Research and correspondence for Koszyn & Company initiatives and programs and clients;
• Marketing activities including digital and print collateral creation, digital marketing;
• Research and execution of new business development campaigns, mailings, intermediate design (CS5), branding and messaging;
• Face-to-face client meetings, including generating agendas and keeping minutes;
• Handling of Koszyn & Company budgets and invoices.
The candidate must have the following skill sets:
• Excellent writing skills; experience in grant-writing preferred;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Strong research skills, with some experience in individual donor research;
• Strong administrative abilities—ability to line produce and administrate events;
• Ability to manage junior level staff, including all interns;
• Ability to converse and interact with clients and colleagues at all institutional levels, including CEOs, major donors, and board members;
• Project management experience on short and long-term deadline projects;
• Presentability—candidate must be able to be a public face for the company.
Koszyn & Company is a values-based company. We are looking for a candidate who has the following qualities/values:
• Ability to completely honor confidentiality on all levels
• Grace under pressure
• Superb work ethic (reliability, punctuality)
• A “silver lining,” “glass is half full,” attitude
Full-time salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience, with full benefits included. Average tenure of employees and consultants is three to six years in a company founded fifteen years ago.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com. Cover letter must describe specific interest in Koszyn & Company (no employment form letters), and reflect job description (both skill sets and values). No phone calls. Following receipt of materials, a first-round, ten-minute phone interview will be scheduled for promising candidates only.
Deadline to apply: June 12, 2018
Applicants must be New York Tri-State area residents. No relocations please.
Thank you for your time and interest in Koszyn & Company.