Fiscal Management Associates, LLC. (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. FMA provides nonprofits, foundations, and social enterprises with financial and operations management expertise, guidance and tools. We partner with our clients to help them attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and efficiently achieve their desired impact. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
FMA is made up of diverse teams, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of race, age, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement, and at the core of every project we deliver is our commitment to developing strong and trusting relationships between funders and their grantees.
FMA is seeking a full-time Senior Consultant to be based in one of our growing offices in New York. The Senior Consultant is an integral member of FMA’s Consulting and Advisory Services delivery team. This role works in a team-based environment with a portfolio of nonprofit and foundation clients to help them develop high-quality financial management and operational practices. Our consultants have the opportunity to build the capacity of a community of organizations leading social change. Our team works with leaders who are building the skills and confidence of youth, fighting against racial and gender inequalities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Additionally, the Senior Consultant provides support for FMA’s growing and evolving practice through new product development, training initiatives, and knowledge management.
The Senior Consultant works as part of FMA's project teams to deliver high-quality services to a diverse portfolio of clients. In this role, this consultant may:
- Assess organizational sustainability and capacity
- Provide guidance and analytical support around financial trends, modeling, strategy, and planning
- Research and draft reports and actionable recommendations
- Design new business processes, specifically those related to finance and operations
- Support implementation of financial systems and practices
- Develop curriculum and facilitate workshops in training initiatives
- Serve as project lead and primary contact for select client engagements; develop effective working relationships with appropriate client personnel, anticipate client needs and proactively propose solutions
- Lead new product development and other firm activities and assist in research and content development for products and services
- 6+ years relevant professional experience required
- MPA, MBA or related master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Problem solver with strong analytical ability
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
- Delivers consistently high-quality work with minimal supervision and guidance
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to convey technical information in an accessible way to nonprofit leaders and staff
- Exercises confidence and good judgment in interactions with colleagues and clients
- Collaborative team player who values diversity of background and approach
- Highly skilled Microsoft Excel user (advanced formulas, graphs and formatting)
- Proactively manages own workload and ensures timely completion of assigned projects
- Professional experience in nonprofit sector and/or financial management strongly preferred
- Knowledge of government funding a plus
FMA’s employees are encouraged and supported as they develop a broad range of skills through customized professional development and ongoing mentoring. We offer career enhancing work, competitive compensation, full benefits, and work-life balance. This is truly a great place to work.
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. FMA will consider the employment of qualified applicants in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance in the San Francisco Administrative Code (Chapter 12T).
Minimum Education Required