Details: $16.00 per hour
Title: Driver / Maintenance Specialist
Reports to: Deputy Operations Manager
Bicycle Transit Systems (Bike Transit) was established in 2013 and currently operates bikeshare systems in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Oklahoma City. Our mission is to help communities become greener, healthier, and more connected by operating highly-utilized, financially sustainable bike share systems. Bike Transit employees provide safe, seamless, reliable, and memorable customer experiences, and create mutually-rewarding relationships with our riders, suppliers, and clients. We have an incredible internal culture that emphasizes being innovative, inclusive, responsible, and fun, and are looking for a talented Driver / Maintenance Specialist to continue to make Bike Transit a great place to work.
The Driver / Maintenance Specialist will ensure that bicycles are collected from and delivered to stations depending on daily patterns of demand. In addition, this person will work with the Operations Manager and Deputy Operations Manager to ensure that all stations are maintained and cleaned in accordance with our routine maintenance schedule. The Driver / Maintenance Specialist will work with bicycle mechanics to ensure that damaged bicycles are removed from the system for maintenance and replenished with fully functional bikes. This person will be a courteous driver who understands the importance of safe driving.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drives a Ford Transit or equivalent extended wheelbase van to complete daily tasks.
- Works alone or with other team members under the guidance of the Dispatch Supervisors and/or Deputy Operations Manager.
- Distributes bicycles throughout the system to ensure bike stations are appropriately stocked.
- Collects bicycles requiring in-shop repair work.
- Inspects and ensures bike stations are safe, clean and operating properly.
- Assists with bike and bike station deployment and re-deployment.
- Collects and enters data as required.
- Interacts with bike share customers and the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Works with Dispatch and Bike Maintenance teams to ensure timely and productive workflows.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a warehouse environment, remotely in a company vehicle, and outdoors in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses an extended wheelbase van.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This role requires the ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand, understand the speech of another person, see details of objects that are less than a few feet away, safely drive in heavy traffic in an urban environment, stand or sit for several hours straight at a time, frequently bend or stoop, regularly lift up to 50 lbs and carry for up to 100 feet.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are dependent upon the shift and could be any day Monday through Sunday, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 40 hours per week, with evening and weekend hours regularly required depending on the shift.
- Job requires working outdoors in various temperatures including rain, cold and heat conditions. Also requires warehouse work and some office work when necessary.
- Will require bending, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Will occasionally require working on short ladders.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
· Valid driver license and a clean driving record that passes insurance requirements for driving with our company.
· Experience driving a large van in city traffic.
· Knowledge of Philadelphia streets and geography.
· Comfort and ability with Google suite, Microsoft suite & GIS software.
· Previous delivery driving, mechanical and/or logistics experience is preferred.
· Will require bending, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
· Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
· Knowledge or experience working with bikes and/or kiosks preferred.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
$16/hour plus benefits
Minimum Education Required