CFS is an international consultancy that provides funding (particularly grant and other forms of non-dilutive funding) and technology, business, and project development services for a wide variety of entities in the climate sector. Its clients span five continents, and include climate-related startups, SMEs, NGOs, development agencies, and others. CFS has a strong track record of success, with its team having secured over $50M in non-dilutive funding, and leveraged tens of millions more in co-financing. CFS is mission-driven. It is focused on supporting high-impact, climate-related venture, and training and growing high-potential hires to develop the next class of leaders in the climate ecosystem.
CFS believes that non-dilutive finance is critical to solving the climate challenge, as our economic system does not properly account for climate externalities nor appropriately value climate innovation. However, in its current form, this system does not efficiently allocate resources for the highest possible impact, nor meet the urgency of the moment. CFS works to expand access to and resolve inefficiencies in the non-dilutive funding system as a high-leverage way to scale critical climate solutions. We strive to promote equity through the services we provide and within our own team.
This position has significant growth potential, and will provide the candidate a unique opportunity to leverage her/his proven operational and management skills to help develop an ambitious venture in a rapidly-growing part of the climate industry. As detailed below, it is important for the applicant to have relevant experience and a strong skillset, but it is also critical that they want to be part of a business that can deliver on this potential and fulfill the vision of CFS. To that end, the applicant should be mission-driven, a self-starter, and highly capable of executing not only their day-to-day duties, but also capable of driving impactful initiatives throughout the development of the CFS enterprise. In addition to traditional operational and management duties, CFS is seeking a candidate who can proactively work with clients and the technical team to support projects and special initiatives.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Scheduling meetings for CEO and other team members across multiple time zones
• Research for assorted climate-related topics
• Creating contracts and NDAs for employees
• Supporting recruiting process and interviewing new candidates
• Planning virtual team meetings and happy hours
• Creating project proposals for potential clients
• Creating contracts and NDAs for clients
• Sending contracts via Adobe Sign and managing in Google Drive
• Overseeing and editing social media posts
• Supporting client outreach and cultivation
• Supporting marketing efforts (e.g., creating branding, managing Humboldt Climate Scholarship)
• Attending events
• Organizing events
• Managing Quickbooks, invoicing, running P&L and other reports
• Running payroll and paying international contractors
• Liaising with accounting team
• Managing company subscriptions and credentials
• Paying taxes
• Overseeing project management and software tools such as Monday.com
• Assorted customer support
• Updating website on Webflow
• Creating graphics, such as one-pagers, using Figma
• Creating Google docs and organizing Google Drive
• Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) required.
• Fluency in English required.
• Must have a minimum of two years of experience in a similar role––e.g., operations or administration.
• Clear, compelling, and organized writing style, as well as outstanding grammar and research skills, required.
• Good oral and written communication skills for working cooperatively with internal teams, clients, and external partners are required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite, and have advanced spreadsheet skills.
• Must have a proven record of maintaining schedules and hitting deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated, while thriving in a startup company culture and fast-paced work environment.
• Experience managing finances for a startup or small business is preferred, but not required.
• Must have the equipment, technical ability, flexibility, and temperament required to work fully remotely with intercontinental teams and clients.
• Must be mission-driven and have a clear understanding of the importance of quickly and effectively addressing the climate crisis.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, people of color, and indigenous people are especially encouraged to apply. CFS is a member company of Empowering Diversity in Clean Tech (EDICT).
CFS is an international consultancy that provides funding (particularly grant and other forms of non-dilutive funding) and technology, business, and project development services for a wide variety of entities in the climate…