Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past twelve years alone, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, Delhi, and Chennai. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
This position will report to the Vice President: Structured Finance and Investment & International Development.
- Perform technical analysis for investment-related projects, including investment feasibility, financial analysis, policy analysis, etc;
- Apply financial modeling and economic analysis methods (e.g. Financial Due Diligence, Discounted Cash Flows or Financial Statement Analysis) to support relevant projects;
- Analyze various sectors, investment structures, private sector investment options, and capital markets
- Represent Nathan as technical expert, facilitate workshops, and hold stakeholder meetings on field visits for relevant projects;
- Draft reports and models for clients; and
- Make presentations to clients and colleagues on technical subjects relating to capital markets, blended finance, public-private partnerships (PPPs), investments and/or ESG investing.
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including: deliverable coordination, technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review of final products;
- Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with consultants and clients;
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects; and
- Training and instruction of junior staff.
- Manage proposals and business development initiatives;
- Provide technical and overall inputs for proposals and business development;
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and/or multi-lateral clients (DFC, World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, USAID, DFID, USTDA or others); and
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with communications staff.
- MBA or Masters degree in relevant field such as Finance, Economics, Business, or related technical area preferred;
- four or more years of progressively responsible technical experience in finance, international development, or economics;
- Experience in project management for various clients, preferably experience with World Bank, USAID, and other multilaterals;
- Experience leading and writing proposals for development finance institutions, international development organizations and/or other multilaterals
- Fluency in Excel and preferably with some modeling experience;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in second language;
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities, critical thinking skills;
- Able to work independently and in teams on assignments; self-motivated professional with attention to detail and passion for development;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience working in and willingness to travel overseas; and
- US work authorization.
- Experience working with and/or knowledge of U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) products including its screening and due diligence criteria;
- Relevant experience in financial and economic analysis and modeling, use of statistical software;
- Experience working in portfolio management, investment banking, fixed income or equities (especially in emerging markets);
- Technical experience in blended finance, ESG, development finance, capital markets, or general investment/fund structuring
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish, French, Portuguese, or Arabic language.
Nathan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Nathan complies with the Executive Order that mandates Federal contractors enforce Covid-19 vaccination for employees. If
you receive a conditional offer of employment from Nathan, you will be required to prove that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive approval from Nathan for a waiver due to a valid religious or medical reason prior to your start date. Applicants should not disclose their vaccination status or need for a waiver before receiving a conditional offer of employment.