14th Street NW
The Director of Business Development manages and crafts Provoc’s overall business development strategy. The role is a key support partner to the President of the company in helping Provoc to meet its financial and revenue goals. The Director of Business Development is both an internal and external facing role that crucially represents Provoc’s Vision and Positioning. The role has the capacity to think strategically and managerially both in terms of Provoc’s brand objectives, as well as our clients’ objectives. The Director of Business Development is part of a management team that includes a Director of Digital and Data Strategy, Director of Creative Strategy, Director of Equity, and Director of Project Management. The role is critical in bridging between internal and external facing worlds, helping to define the way Provoc develops new service offerings to increase our competitive differentiation and respond to market needs.
- Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational marketing and customer relationship activities.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate service offering ideas.
- Manage and drive the sales and marketing functions of the company.
- Drive increased revenue to achieve the company’s budget and growth objectives by generating leads and closing new opportunities mapped to sales targets.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of key service offering business plans and the penetration of new markets.
- Attend industry events and conferences, and provide information to the Provoc team on market and creative trends.
- Perform public speaking at industry events, and look for opportunities for Provoc to present at relevant industry conferences.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in business development opportunities.
- Develop criteria for new clients and opportunities for partnership.
- Manage the MSA and contract negotiations and signing process.
- Experience working with leadership and senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
- Experience working in a for-profit business environment, with a passion for social responsibility and cause-based marketing.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a proven track record of successfully pitching new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generating leads and closing deals.
- Robust network of contacts and viable new business leads.
- Fluency in business acumen, strategic thinking, creative problem-solving, financial and time management.
- Minimum of five years experience in a sales and/or business development leadership or management role.
- Impeccable writing and communication skills.
- Passion for collaboration, and embracing a learning and growth mindset, while also striving for measurable results.
- Appreciation for empathy and compassionate communication.
Reports to: Leadership Team (President and Co-CEOs)
Full time: 40 hour week (occasional travel required)
Based in: Location is negotiable
Salary: $82,000 to $90,000, DOE, plus commission
Reasons you might love working at Provoc:
Our work matches our values. Our clients have the potential to impact millions of lives every day. As a certified B Corporation, we value social and environmental responsibility.
We celebrate the happiness and well-being of our team members. We’re constantly sharing thought-provoking books, cool websites we’ve found, philosophies of design, insights on life, and anything else that keeps a growing brain growing. We laugh constantly. We can often be found peppering our team Slack channels with GIFs. We are family-friendly, dog-friendly, and all-around nice people.
Our DC-based office is conveniently located in dynamic Logan Circle and serves as a creative hub and coworking space, shared with mission-driven organizations in the social impact sphere. We have satellite offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Amsterdam.
Provoc offers a comprehensive benefits package including affordable health care options for employees and their families, a retirement plan, paid time off and flexible work schedules.
Provoc is a seventeen-year-old B Corp; we partner with visionary clients across the social change space. Rooted in a discovery process that creates buy-in at all levels of an organization, our services include branding, marketing, and communications; digital strategy; test-driven user experience and website design; video concepting and production; and project management. In addition to our core team, Provoc partners with leading experts in communications, messaging, design usability, fundraising, behavioral analytics, direct marketing, data mining, SEO/SEM, and technical implementation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required