District of Columbia
ABOUT C2AUCTIONS LLC
C2Auctions LLC specializes in event-day support for nonprofit fundraising auctions across the country. We manage and staff all day-of-event logistics including technology, registration, silent auction closing, item distribution, and checkout. We work with, and our services complement, a variety of auction software platforms. Our work allows nonprofit advancement professionals to cultivate relationships with donors and engage with constituents. C2Auctions LLC also provides strategic consulting services to help nonprofits raise more money. Each year, C2Auctions LLC supports more than 50 not-for-profit organizations that raise millions of dollars for their worthy causes.
Founded in 2011, the business currently consists of two partner-owners seeking to expand our ability to manage an ever-growing number of clients seeking our services. C2Auctions LLC has seen significant year-over-year growth since its inception, and partners anticipate that an additional high-level, self-starting manager in a dual client management and sales role will fuel continued expansion.
The position is envisioned as a collaborative one with partner-level responsibilities, along with excellent prospects for growth in responsibility, salary, and benefits as the business grows. The position description below is intended to evolve over time with input from the Senior Client Manager.
The Senior Auction Manager position is a salaried full-time management position that requires a mix of working from home, at client sites, at fundraising events, and regular C2Auctions LLC team meetings in Washington D.C. and Falls Church, Virginia.
The position’s most important role is to act as the primary manager of client contacts and events, requiring ongoing contact with each of the organizations in the manager’s client portfolio, working in partnership with nonprofit advancement professionals and volunteer leadership to facilitate the success of the organization’s fundraising auction before, during, and after each auction event handled by C2Auctions LLC. Senior Auction Manager may ultimately manage a portfolio of up to 25 clients. In each case, this relationship culminates with the Senior Auction Manager acting as the lead at the event.
In the “off-season,” the manager remains responsible for maintaining client relationships and increasing C2Auctions LLC’s client base and sales. The manager is responsible for identifying potential C2Auctions LLC clients, cultivating relationships with decision-makers at those target organizations, managing the submission of proposals for service and requisite follow-up, and conducting onboarding meetings with new clients.
The position is responsible for other duties inherent to the managerial nature of the position and as assigned, including managing billing, ordering, and managing requests for contract staffing. Off-season duties may also include the production of training manuals, checklists, and the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures.
Specific responsibilities for the position include:
● Conducting onboarding meetings with new clients and annual orientation/information-gathering meetings with returning clients
● Developing an auction-specific data management schedule for all clients in the manager’s portfolio and ensuring that clients are meeting targets in the months before an event
● Advising clients on best fundraising practices, conduct ongoing data analysis for clients ahead of their event to maximize revenue
● In many cases, providing auction software setup services for client and act as the primary technical support for their software in order to ensure that data is clean in advance of the event
● Collaborating with other contractors and vendors including, but not limited to, event planners, auctioneers, and software companies
● Serving as event manager for client events in manager’s portfolio, including managing C2Auctions LLC contract staff and organizational volunteers
● Providing post-event consulting and follow-up to clients and maintain ongoing relationships throughout the year
● Developing a network of nonprofit contacts and increasing client relationships and revenues by identifying and cultivating potential nonprofit clients via internet, networking, conferences, and public listings
● Developing client-specific proposals for services and managing contract negotiations
● Promoting C2Auctions LLC brand via social media (Facebook and blog postings)
● Developing and managing C2Auctions LLC Salesforce database
● Representing C2Auctions LLC at networking and industry events
● Annual sales goals will be determined by mutual agreement based on growth projections
JOB STRUCTURE, SCHEDULE, AND EVALUATIONS
As the first person holding this new position, the successful candidate will have significant opportunity to shape the contours of the job, along with the ongoing ability to take on additional responsibility as desired.
The position is an exempt, salaried position which involves a variable schedule. As nonprofit fundraising events are largely seasonal, the position requires a significant time commitment on-site at auction events. Including this on-site time, the hourly commitment per week will exceed a typical 40-hour work week between September and December and between February and June, including nights (frequent) and weekends (very frequent). Limited travel may be required during the season. Attending all such events in their full duration is an essential function of the position and the successful candidate must be able to commit to being available for these atypical hours during the season, except in limited instances due to extenuating circumstances or with significant advance notice. During the off-season (i.e. December, January, July, and August), the position allows for a 32-hour work week (schedule negotiable). C2Auctions also offers a generous PTO package, outlined below.
C2Auctions LLC commits to providing ongoing feedback to the successful candidate with regard to job performance and will schedule biannual performance reviews.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
● Have obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred)
● Fundraising or event planning experience
● Salesforce or other database management experience
● Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations to clients
● Extremely computer and technology proficient (training in specific auction software platforms will be provided and prior knowledge of these systems is not required)
● Have excellent oral and written communication skills
The ideal candidate will also be:
● Customer-service oriented
● Extremely detail-oriented, thorough, and conscientious
● Able to perform calmly under pressure
● Able to manage multiple stakeholders, including guests, during events
● Self-motivated, with an ability to work effectively with little day-to-day supervision
● Open-minded and willing to learn new ways of doing things
● Collaborative and able to work effectively in a team
● An excellent time manager
● An effective leader, particularly of C2Auctions LLC contract team members at events
● Have a flexible schedule during the high season
Employment with C2Auctions LLC is at will. This means that employment is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by the employee or C2Auctions LLC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this policy or any other policy of C2Auctions LLC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at will employment status of C2Auctions LLC employees.
The at will employment status of an employee of C2Auctions LLC may be modified only in a written employment agreement with that employee which is signed by Cathileen Albo and Christopher O’Shea, as the owners of C2Auctions LLC.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
C2Auctions LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training, as well as selection of volunteers and vendors. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This full-time salaried position is offered at $50,000 per year, paid via direct deposit on a monthly basis. C2Auctions LLC does not offer a health insurance package. The position includes enrollment in C2Auctions LLC’s SIMPLE IRA program after 60 days, to which the employee can contribute via payroll deduction up to the legal limit. C2Auctions LLC offers an annual match of 3% of salary, vested immediately.
C2Auctions LLC is closed during the two consecutive weeks in which Christmas Day and New Year’s fall each year; employees are not expected to work during that time. The position also includes 15 days of paid PTO, available during the summer months (no approval required), or during other off-season periods (approval required). PTO during the high season is discouraged, subject to approval, and should be limited to illness and extenuating circumstances.
Minimum Education Required