2424 18th Street NW, C2
District of Columbia
Elevate, a grant writing and nonprofit development strategy firm in Washington, DC, is excited to be hiring a Finance & Office Assistant.
This is an entry-level position at a small but growing start-up business. Through this position, you will make a meaningful contribution to the nonprofit community while supporting the strategic expansion of a growing for-profit business.
This is an excellent position for the right person. As Elevate’s Finance and Office Assistant, you will:
- Provide a vital supportive role in ensuring the company’s finances, office space, and technology systems are working well.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the newly-opened office and event space, coordinating closely with Elevate’s CEO, Managing Director, and Senior Operations Associate on all finance and technology related activities.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle projects proactively, and follow-through effectively.
- Perform all financial data entry functions, coordinating with finance contractor to ensure all data is correct and reconciled on a regular basis.
- Prepare and send invoices for 85+ clients, track and process checks and e-payments.
- Work with Elevate’s Operations team to prepare client and event contracts.
- Serve as a key liaison with Elevate's vendors. Research and vet potential vendors. Review and pay bills in a timely manner as approved by the Managing Director.
- Compile and send Daily Finance and cash flow update for CEO and Managing Director. Support the Executive Team on forecasting revenue and expenses, and tracking financial benchmarks and dashboards.
- Prepare agendas and notes for regular finance meetings.
- Support Elevate’s staff reimbursement process.
Office and Space Management
- Serve as the daily on-site team member in Elevate's office, maintaining a safe, clean and productive space, including the work areas, event space, conference rooms, kitchen and bathrooms. Serve as point person for the building security and cleaning services.
- Staff the front office/reception area. Greeting and directing visitors within the office and the event space.
- Maintain office supplies, coordinate deliveries to Elevate office and event space. Run errands, pick-up, and deliver items to clients or vendors.
- Assist with room set up and technology for Elevate Workshops and Elevate-hosted events.
- Train staff on Elevate’s technology platforms and trouble-shoot technology questions.
- Participate in regular Salesforce improvement meetings.
- Draft policies around cyber-security for staff computers, email, and other systems with Managing Director.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field, or previous experience in an operations, accounting, and/or finance role.
- Solid computer skills including Salesforce, QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Dropbox experience.
- Superior attention to detail, ability to multitask, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills, and desire to within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Willingness to ask and respond to feedback as well as provide meaningful feedback to others.
Health Care, Disability, 401K with matching after 12 months, 15 days vacation, flexible work schedule, & more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online via Elevate's hiring portal: