The Senior Analyst plays a key role in the Global Philanthropy Group’s team-based approach to addressing our clients’ philanthropic needs. The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing support to GPG senior management in the strategic development and implementation of client projects. The ideal candidate will possess strong strategic analysis, management, communications and implementation capabilities. S/he will provide critical senior staff counsel by ensuring smooth and effective coordination of all client work-product and other cross-company projects and initiatives.
Additional Senior Analyst responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and direct contribution in managing priorities and client projects internally and externally;
- Relationship management including organizing content in preparation for key meetings; supporting client work by prioritizing, managing and tracking critical relationships and preparing presentation materials for internal and external audiences;
- Conducting research, providing analysis, and building issue expertise in support of client projects;
- Writing speeches, talking points, research briefs, editorials, and client-ready presentations, based on understanding of client goals and strategic direction;
- Managing a handful of key special projects as identified by senior management team from time to time.
Successful applicants may come from a variety of backgrounds and will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Experience in a consulting, strategic planning, public relations, political campaign, or operational environment;
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to target critical business problems and apply appropriate decision-making
- Skilled in group problem solving and working to resolve problems with complex concepts in a dynamic setting
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills; must be able to take rough concepts and develop concrete work plans
- Ability to successfully multi-task and drive complex projects to completion in a timely manner, across varied stakeholders, with outstanding attention to detail and sense of urgency
- An ability to conduct independent primary and secondary research
- Computer proficiency – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, driven, start-up environment
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to manage confidential information and situations with efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy, while cultivating trust within the team
- At least 5-8 years of work experience, preferably in consulting and strategic planning
- A minimum of a bachelor’s level education in combination with significant leadership experience; graduate level degree (business, economics, government/policy, etc) preferred
- A passion for philanthropy, with experience in specific issue areas preferred
The Senior Analyst will work on a variety of philanthropic strategy development projects covering a range of subject areas. S/he will have client exposure and significant responsibility from the outset. This person will be responsible for the central coordination of activities and ensuring timely flow of information between GPG and the client. S/he will also initiate meetings and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
GPG personnel work within project teams. Team size varies according to the scope of the client projects and each project team includes at least one GPG Partner. The Senior Analyst will work on several client projects at a time.
This position is an excellent learning and career opportunity. Promotion is based on performance rather than tenure or past experience.
This is a Los Angeles -based position. Travel requirements may be significant. Office culture is flexible, team-based, and non-hierarchical. Each GPG employee is encouraged to play an active role in helping our clients develop and implement the most effective and leveraged philanthropic strategies.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include salary and performance-based bonus opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Senior Analyst – Your Name” in the subject line.