102 West Roy Street
Ostara Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to build fundraising skills, organizational capacity, and effective leadership in the nonprofit sector. Our vision is a nonprofit sector filled with thriving organizations equipped to build a better world. As experienced nonprofit professionals ourselves, we are mission-driven and service-oriented. Our values deeply influence how we work and the services we provide:
We are connected to our community. Empathy and compassion are fundamental to our work. We truly care about you and the people you serve.
We are deeply committed to our clients and their work. Client service is paramount to everything we do. We strive to make a lasting and positive impact in your organization.
We value transparency and authenticity. We always tell you the truth, with sincerity and respect.
We advocate for leadership that works for the greater good. The principles of social justice and equity guide our work.
We foster an entrepreneurial spirit and act creatively to overcome challenges in your organization. We see obstacles as opportunities to improve your systems and achieve your goals.
About the Ostara Group
The Ostara Group is a full-service fundraising and strategic consulting firm based in Seattle. Founded in 2009, our goal is to help nonprofit organizations navigate complex fundraising and sustainability issues, address day-to-day challenges and bring their work and impact to new heights. We are fundraisers, coaches and leaders with decades on the front lines of organizations in every nonprofit sector. As a team, we value hard work, an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and authenticity. We also value connection to our team and our community. We work, play, volunteer and celebrate together.
Our expertise includes development program analysis, strategic and tactical development planning, interim development leadership and management, grants strategy and execution, capital campaign strategy and support, board development, events strategy and execution and strategic planning. In the past eight years, Ostara has built custom solutions for more than 180 organizations in the Pacific Northwest, spanning every type of mission, vision and organizational business model.
Current and former clients include Childhaven, Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County, the University District Food Bank, City Year Seattle/King County, the University of Washington (multiple departments and units), Seattle Repertory Theatre, ACT Theatre, the Alliance for Education, Rainier Valley Corps, the Mustard Seed Project, MOHAI, West Seattle Helpline, AtWork!, Cancer Lifeline, Women’s Funding Alliance, Spark Northwest, Seattle Public Library Foundation, WithinReach, Team Read and Tasveer.
The Ostara Group’s consultants have extensive experience in nonprofit leadership and fundraising, and come from a variety of fields. Our consultants frequently work in teams to provide the right balance of expertise, experience, and seniority for each client. Over time, each consultant has opportunities to work with and gain knowledge from every other consultant on our staff.
Ostara is an equal employment opportunity employer. Every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected under law.
Ostara seeks a half time Operations Coordinator to support our fast-paced, collaborative work environment. The position requires excellent attention to detail, thorough and timely execution, and sophisticated planning skills. You will work with team members at all levels of the company, and interfaces externally with our clients.
Applicant must be practiced at complex time, task, and project management, and must demonstrate significant strength and comfort in reliability, regularity, and routine. The Operations Coordinator will frequently handle sensitive and private information, so discretion is a must.
To be considered for this position, applicants must be able to start as a half-time employee on October 1, 2018. We expect hours and responsibilities for this position will increase over time, potentially within the first year, but more likely in the second year.
There will be growth opportunities in this role as our company continues to expand and refine our services. We are explicitly seeking applications with a strong interest in advancing their role in the operations side of our business. In your cover letter, please let us know if you have deeper experience in office management, bookkeeping, sales, human resources, or other core administrative functions.
· Process proposal and contract paperwork
· Send invoices and follow up on payment
· Collaborate with bookkeeper on billing and payment systems
· Support business development by tracking leads in partnership with Senior Team
· Ongoing and regular database maintenance, improvements, and reporting
· Conceptualize and write monthly newsletter, including collaborating with colleagues to contribute information
· Support Ostara events such as Open Houses and Free Friday scheduling
· Answer office phone, check messages daily
· Take and share meeting notes at Senior Team and All Hands meetings
· General, ongoing operations and logistics support regarding technology systems, scheduling, calendaring, triage general inquiries
· Manage office supply and snacks inventory
· General office cleanliness and presentability
In addition to internal operations work described above, the Operations Coordinator will be asked to contribute their unique perspective on our systems and tools to continuously heighten Ostara’s impact in the community.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· A minimum of two years’ experience in an operations-oriented role
· Sophisticated project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities with ease, forethought, and accuracy
· Paramount attention to detail in all aspects of finance, data management, project management, communications, editing, timelines, and systems thinking.
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with individuals and groups
· Desire to drive projects independently as well as closely collaborate on projects
· Proven success in maintaining routine and regularity in business operations
· Strong familiarity with MS Office, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
· Critical thinker with strong patience, curiosity, and problem solving skills
· Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude in challenging situations
· Creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and flexibility
Desired Skills and Qualifications
· An understanding of nonprofit fundraising and development in the Northwest
· Significant experience with Salesforce and Salesforce customization
· Strong familiarity with Dropbox, DocuSign, Google Docs, and Typeform
· Proficiency with simple marketing strategies and tactics
· Demonstrated success and interest in administrative and operations roles
· Experience in consulting firms
· Experience in small business
Ostara works hard to build and preserve a warm and supportive culture. This position is a half time, hourly position, with rates ranging between $20-25/hr DOE. This position is not eligible for health insurance or PTO, but does come with an annual $250 professional development stipend. Over time, we expect this position to grow into ¾ or full time, at which point the position would be eligible for health insurance and PTO.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Ali Marcus, Managing Director, at email@example.com. Please include a work sample that you feel best demonstrates why you are a good fit for the role.
This position will be open until filled. Priority will be given to applications received by August 1, 2018. We expect the start date for this position will be October 1, 2018.