The Communications and Events Manager will partner with the CEO to develop a robust communications strategy which will help bolster the company’s brand, image and reputation through consistent messaging and innovative communication methodologies. He/she will build the company’s reputation which will effectively position IDG as a thought leader in international development. He/she will lead organization of online events and provide other tools to support various communities of practice, which will generate the content that forms the basis of company communications. The Communications and Events Manager will also oversee and provide creative input regarding IDG’s marketing and promotional materials including website content, publications, newsletters, fact sheets, press releases, social media, external communications, and IDG branding. He/she will research communications trends and best practices. In collaboration with IDG’s ICT support vendor, the Communications Manager will oversee company digital tools and platforms. This position will report to the Director of Corporate Services.
· Strengthen and promote IDG’s brand and disseminate communications content to key audiences and stakeholders. Formulate and execute communication strategies with the intent of building the company’s reputation as a thought leader in International Development—especially with potential client personnel.
· Organize and plan online and in-person events which will encourage and bring together global participation and increase IDG’s visibility.
· Deliver internal communications and messages through different communication channels and modalities such as but not limited to the company’s website, social media, newsletters, press releases, publications, online events, etc.
· Develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success.
· Determine strategic communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals.
· Oversee the design, content, and maintenance of the company website and other company online platforms intended to facilitate company communication.
· Oversee all company social media content, strategy and communications.
· Oversee company knowledge management tools.
· Provide training and support to company home office and field office personnel who need communications support.
· Lead creation of video and audio content to support the communications strategy.
· Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee morale.
· Oversee the creation of communications materials to ensure that they are consistent with the company’s communication strategy, including white papers, website copy, and more.
· Represent the organization at events.
· Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national and global level.
· Define key performance indicators for each communications channel that will indicate a campaign's level of success.
· Partner with the company’s ICT support vendor and assist with the management of the company’s digital tools which are supported by the company’s ICT support vendor. These include Google G Suite, SharePoint, website, communications platforms, and social media.
· Other assigned duties and responsibilities as needed.
The Communications Manager will have progressive experience in strategic communication as well as demonstrated success with branding campaigns. This individual must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter and take initiative.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Psychology, Business, Marketing, or other related field, Master’s preferred
· At least 3 years prior experience working in a communications role, either at a private company, NGO or thinktank with a focus on public policy, previous work experience in International Development is a plus.
· Proven success designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns.
· Experience building an organization’s reputation for thought leadership.
· Experience with events management and planning online events with global participants.
· Experience with social media, websites, creating audio and visual content and other digital tools.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Must be able to think analytically and strategically.
· Capable of working as a team player as well as working autonomously.
· Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
· Familiarity or experience working with CRM software is a plus.
· Superior written and verbal communications skills, including extensive experience writing and editing.
· Previous experience or familiarity with ICT tools, including SharePoint.
The Communications and Events Manager will partner with the CEO to develop a robust communications strategy which will help bolster the company’s brand, image and reputation through consistent messaging and innovative communication…
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K