About the Position
The Evaluation Consultant is a full-time employee in the Evaluation Practice based out of New York or Philadelphia. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, designing, managing, and conducting evaluations for the firm’s philanthropic, nonprofit, and corporate clients.
The Evaluation Consultant will work as part of the Evaluation Practice as well as with staff on other teams when necessary. The work products created and/or supervised by the Evaluation Consultant would be expected to meet the high-quality standards consistent with the firm’s goals and our clients’ needs. Evaluation team members are able to work independently as well as part of a team and display curiosity, compassion, and initiative.
At TCC Group, learning defines our philosophy and approach to evaluation — learning that enhances capacity and effectiveness, improves programs, and leads to greater social impact. We not only strive to track the "bottom line," but also to evaluate and learn from the process of getting there. We believe the real value of evaluation is in its deliberate use. Based on our extensive experience and diverse backgrounds, we are able to understand the unique challenges and opportunities in the broad social sector.
Evaluation Consultant Responsibilities:
- Participating in client engagements and evaluations at all levels. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Meeting with clients over the course of the project
- Facilitating meetings with boards, staff, and other stakeholders
- Facilitating logic model processes with key stakeholders
- Designing and implementing quantitative (surveys, etc.) and qualitative (interview protocols, focus group guides, etc.) research tools for data collection, including conducting tests of reliability and validity for survey instruments.
- Collecting data, including conducting interviews, focus groups, and administering surveys and questionnaires.
- Conducting descriptive and inferential statistical analysis of quantitative data and analyzing qualitative data.
- Compiling and analyzing information gleaned from diverse sources, including those collected by or external to TCC Group.
- Developing clear and well-written evaluation reports and other project deliverables.
- Preparing and making presentations.
- Providing evaluation technical assistance and training to client organizations.
- Assisting clients with organizational development issues as a component of evaluation capacity building.
- Providing day-to-day project management, usually under the oversight of the senior staff, including:
- Maintaining regular contact with clients
- Monitoring project budgets and work plans
- Managing client needs and expectations
- Assisting in management and quality control for the entire portfolio of evaluation projects.
Marketing and Thought Leadership
- Participating in marketing and sales efforts as needed, including attending meetings with prospective clients, drafting proposals, assisting in preparation of firm marketing materials, and working to implement the Practice’s marketing strategies.
- Thoughtfully contributing to the evaluation field through articles, presentations, workshops, blogposts, social media engagement, etc.
- An undergraduate degree or greater in the social sciences, public policy, education or a related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Preferred experience working in philanthropy, the nonprofit sector, or corporate or private philanthropy.
- Knowledge of issue areas relevant to the social sector (e.g., health, education, social justice, etc.).
- Experience with facilitating logic model processes with key stakeholders
- Experience conducting mixed-methods analysis including quantitative inferential analysis and analyzing qualitative data.
- Experience conducting interviews and capturing comprehensive notes related to the content of interviews for future analysis.
- Formal training in evaluation/research design and methodology strongly desired.
- Data visualization knowledge and experience strongly desired.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and an intrinsic motivation to learn.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage time in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative while establishing strong, collaborative interpersonal relationships with colleagues at all levels and from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to travel (travel time and distance varies depending on projects).
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs as well as statistical analysis software (preferably SPSS)
- Commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter with a writing sample (no more than 5 pages – can be excerpted) for the “Evaluation Consultant” position at https://jobs-tccgrp.icims.com/.
No telephone calls, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best¬ qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.
Minimum Education Required