Details: $15/hour - $25/hour, depending on experience
4474 West Adams Boulevard
Who We Are
We are two social impact organizations — States Made and Knead Partners — with fearless founders looking for a right hand as both of our companies expand. While perhaps unconventional, both organizations are looking for part-time support and thought we could combine forces to find an excellent launch coordinator looking for a varied, unique experience getting to peak inside two growing organizations. This role is a dream opportunity for someone looking to get into the social impact space, or who is interested in entrepreneurship and learning what it takes to get a business off the ground.
States Made is a full-service merchandise partner for nonprofits, political campaigns and socially conscious businesses. We believe in the power of a well-designed t-shirt to raise vital funds and increase awareness of important issues. We create legitimate e-commerce businesses for each of our partners, using best practices for merchandising, marketing, UX and design.
We specialize in creating USA-made and union printed goods, so we’re creating good jobs and ethical merch. We’re gearing up (little pun intended) for the 2018 midterms and are a key partner for many of the most inspiring progressive organizations.
Knead Partners is a social impact strategy consultancy focused on how collaboration and co-design can help orgs and teams bring large-scale impact initiatives to life. We pride ourselves on the “kneading” process of collaborative strategic thinking — the back and forth, push and pull, of creating, refining, and implementing ideas with a diverse group of people. We facilitate convenings, in-person workshops, and co-design sessions to include many voices and ideas in the thinking process, and provide strategic guidance on the design of new programs and initiatives.
We have several large impact initiatives launching in 2019, and are looking for support during this critical formation process.
Who We’re Seeking
We are looking for a jack/jane of all trades to be a key force in whipping both of our operations into shape. Your days will be varied, flexing both your organizational and creative skills, and will include the below. Both States Made and Knead Partners are small and growing companies, and you’ll be sure to gain new and unique skill sets and have a vital hand in this critical juncture of growth.
- Tracking orders, maintaining timelines, and staying on top of tasks.
- Working with partners and clients.
- Developing and refining creative marketing ideas for our clients.
- Supporting on logistics and administrative tasks for partners and clients.
- Thinking up creative marketing ideas for our clients.
- Researching and organizing information.
- Editing copying and materials.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are passionate about progressive causes, social good, and large-scale impact.
- You’re a self-starter – you don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do. You are constantly learning new skills.
- You get the #Internet. You can help our partners take their digital marketing to the next level.
- You aren’t afraid of a little ambiguity and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are hyper organized-- you’ve never met an excel sheet you didn’t like.
- Key skills include stellar communication, working knowledge of excel and google docs, bonus if you have experience using Shopify, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- 1-2 years experience
- 30-40 hours/week split between States Made & Knead Partners, with an opportunity to turn full time at either organization
- Role is part remote, part onsite in Los Angeles
- Must have a car
- $15-$25/hr depending on experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 19th. We’re looking to fill this position immediately.
As a way to get to know you better, please also include a cause, nonprofit or issue area that you're passionate about and why.