The Sr. Software Developer should possess a thorough understanding of integrations to include dataflow and interface solutions. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and industry trends. Additionally, will be detail-oriented and thorough in designing, coding, debugging and testing. This position is a temp to hire position based in the PA office.
- Provide detailed technical design and development of applications, process automation solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Develop modular and reusable code components following best practices and standards.
- Provide inputs/recommendations for overall system design/architecture.
- Participate in design and code review sessions for the Planned Parenthood Direct app.
- Provide technical production support and technical troubleshooting assistance as well as administrative support to new and existing applications.
- Device mechanisms to measure and optimize application performance and identify bottle necks.
- Implement enhancements/maintenance to existing applications.
- Participate in system implementations, conversions and upgrades.
- Work within Change Control procedures, managing release management processes.
- Produce clear and concise procedures and system administrative documentation.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
- Provide accurate work estimates for assigned projects and tasks.
- Provide timely status updates and communication for assigned projects and tasks.
- Programming/Designing applications for a wide variety of screen sizes and device types experience desired
- Building software with today’s technology such as TypeScript, ES17 leveraging service-based cloud computing
- Knowledge of Web Services and APIs using SOAP, REST, and JSON a plus.
- Distributed Source Control, using tools such as Git.
- Strong experience with SQL/MYSQL/POSTGRESQL database modelling, design and development.
- Writing stored procedures, view objects a plus
- Experience with Cloud, iOS/Android, Hybrid, PWA Development a plus
- Proven ability to successfully deliver high-quality, complex systems using Software development methods, independently as well as in a team environment.
- Displays effective and professional written, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Demonstrated aptitude for creativity, analytical skills and complex problem-solving, developing approaches to solve problems; formalizing plans to address issues
- Experience with coding practices and methodologies
- Clear communication a must
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience as a software developer and/or other similar relevant experience.
- Strong technical background, including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of software design, application development and support.