720 Bathurst Street
WHO WE ARE
We are a fast-growing digital transformation firm (and Certified B Corp) with big dreams for the future of philanthropy. Our diverse and close-knit team of 16 techies and do-gooders work closely with foundations to help them unlock the full potential of their processes, teams, and technology so that they can do more good - even better.
We’ve worked with some of the world’s largest foundations, including the Nathan Cummings Foundation, McConnell Foundation, and Community Foundations of Canada.
HOW WE WORK
We’re an ideal match if you seek autonomy, mastery, and purpose in your work. We take pride in our non-hierarchical work culture, where learning trumps ego. Active learning, self-management, and emotional maturity are core to how we do meaningful work together.
We live our values by designing a digitally and socially engaged workplace where policies are transparent, team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them, and digital tools enable us to do our best work. This allows our team to have flexible hours and sometimes work remotely; we trust each other to be accountable and to get stuff done.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a self-motivated tech specialist who is equally adept at communicating with computers as you are at communicating with people. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you have a great grasp on how technology works. You might be great at system administration, cloud software configuration, integration, or data management... but your hidden talent is championing the user’s voice and explaining technology in simple terms.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At GrantBook, you’ll research, recommend, implement, and help integrate different cloud solutions for grants management, customer relationship management, and related functional areas that meet our foundation clients’ needs. You’ll work closely in cross-functional teams of 2-4, taking ownership over the technical details and implementation and/or integration pieces.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with project managers to serve as the technical lead on the implementation, setup and deployment of cloud solutions for clients. This includes:
- Working with various form builders to create applicant-friendly application forms that balance user experience and data collection.
- Mapping out business processes with clients, and translating it into automated approval workflows for foundations to evaluate and rank applications.
- Setting up online portals for users to review and submit applications, reports and payments.
- Automating communications between the foundation and their applicants to streamline the grant approval process.
- Building reports for foundation boards and directors to see where their funds are going, and where their impact is measuring against benchmarks.
- Continuous testing, deployment and support of new features and changes to ensure systems are available and functioning for staff as intended.
- Using middleware tools like Zapier and Workato, build out API integrations between systems so that information flows across platforms and workflows seamlessly (If you’d like to learn or apply programming skills, you are welcome to do this with code as well!)
- Support current-state audits and solution comparisons by gathering and documenting the functional requirements for new grantmaking systems and processes
- Provide ranked criteria analysis and present consulting recommendations to clients
- Complete data migrations and other data-related support as needed, including data audits, cleansing, deduplication, and field mapping.
- Produce and share client-specific training and documentation, including on-site training, video tutorials, and blog posts around technology best practices and processes
- Monitor technology adoption and provide enhancements as needed
- Provide feedback and help enhance GrantBook’s overall operations
- Support GrantBook’s marketing and sales efforts
- Have fun, work as a team, and "get it done"
- Contribute to service innovation and development
- Share your knowledge with the rest of our team
- Co-create your own personal and professional development plan
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 2-3 years of working with the implementation and technology adoption of cloud solutions, ideally in a grantmaking or nonprofit environment
- 2-3 years of data migration and data clean-up experience in a team setting
- High proficiency in the use of cloud solutions, such as G Suite, Office 365, Salesforce, Box, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Trello, IFTTT and Zapier
- Strong interest in developing an expertise in configuring grants management systems, such as Fluxx, Foundant, FluidReview, FoundationConnect and SmartSimple
- Prior experience and familiarity working with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and relational databases preferred
- Self-organizer and problem-solver, prepared to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects
- Able to translate technical information into plain English
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented approach
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT
SALARY & BENEFITS
You can expect annual compensation in the range of $57,500 - $74,750, including 4 weeks of paid vacation and a comprehensive benefits package. In addition, all team members at GrantBook participate equally in the employee bonus pool created from 33% of earnings from the previous year. For more information, view our Careers website.
CAREER & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Although we’ve listed concrete responsibilities here, as a growing organization there are continual opportunities to learn and grow new kinds of work, whether it is developing a new skill set or bringing a new product/service offering to market. You, along with the rest of our team, will be key to driving our work forward.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent
Minimum Education Required