Bicycle Transit Systems (Bike Transit) was established in 2013 and currently operates bike share systems in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Oklahoma City. Our mission is to help communities become greener, healthier, and more connected by operating highly-utilized, financially sustainable bike share systems. Bike Transit employees provide safe, seamless, reliable, and memorable customer experiences, and create mutually-rewarding relationships with our riders, suppliers, and clients. We have an incredible internal culture that emphasizes being innovative, inclusive, responsible, and having fun. We are currently looking for a talented Senior Marketing Coordinator-Outreach to join our Los Angeles team!
The Senior Marketing Coordinator- Outreach, will be located in Central LA and responsible for assisting with the execution of the overall marketing strategy for Metro Bike Share, with a focus on events, promotions, and building community relationships. The Senior Marketing Coordinator, Outreach, will schedule, manage, create and support community events and outreach efforts. The Senior Marketing Coordinator will ensure an enthusiastic, fun and diverse presence in the community via outreach and events to drive awareness, educate and sell passes for Metro Bike Share.
- Responsible for outreach to create and maintain relationships with community stakeholders and gatekeepers in order to achieve company and department goals
- Execute equity programs and initiatives via close collaboration with the Chief Equity and Strategy Officer
- Plan, execute, and track pass promotions throughout the year via close collaboration with Marketing Manager
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders to plan and execute Metro Bike Share events that delight our riders.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external teams and partners, including Los Angeles County and City representatives.
- Ability to negotiate and leverage Metro Bike Share brand to maximize presence at events.
- Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites to maximize engagement and attendance.
- Manage MBS event participation and follow-ups with event organizers and internal team.
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff to execute them safely and effectively.
- Build and adhere to an outreach budget.
- Track event key performance areas (quantitatively and qualitatively) and identify areas of improvement for future outreach.
- Networking, including attendance and participation in public meetings for bike advocacy and other community developments.
- Assist with other tasks that support marketing objectives and strategies as assigned by the Marketing Manager
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to maintain a client-friendly demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Familiarity with event registration software
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proven experience in establishing and managing community relationships
- Excellent organization and written and verbal communication skills to both internal and external teams and partner
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to thrive in a flexible and constantly changing environment
- Experience with social media platforms
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Applications, and ability to learn new software
- Excitement about bike share
- Sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent job-related experience in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional experience in business, marketing, event planning, or related field preferred
- Experience in the health and wellness, active transportation and/or brand marketing industries preferred
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Must be able to ride a Metro Bike while in the field, at events, or in the warehouse.
- Due to the nature of Bike Share, the job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week, including nights weekends as needed.
- Will require outdoor work in various types of weather.
- Required standing or sitting for several hours straight at a time.
- Frequently lift up to 50 lbs and carry for up to 100 feet.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance in accordance with company and department policy.
- Repetitive motion required of the wrists, hands, or fingers occasionally throughout the workday.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone throughout the workday.
- Will require travel within the Greater Los Angeles area
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D