Vice President of Human Resources, Los Angeles Child Guidance Clinic
- Job posted by Delta Prime Management Consulting
3031 S. Vermont Avenue
Vice President, Human Resources, Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Child Guidance Clinic's (LACGC) programs empower children and young adults in Los Angeles to lead healthy and productive lives. Each year, our team of compassionate professionals offers culturally and linguistically responsive behavioral health and supportive services to over 4,000 unduplicated individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds. Our services are provided at three community-based centers, 30 schools-based sites (7 charters), three on-site offices, co-location at FQHC and directly to our clients through field-based programming. Our highly-trained staff provides a comprehensive array of services, including nationally recognized, trauma-informed, evidence-based practices. Through our work we support caregivers, children, and young adults as they reach their goals in school, build healthy relationships, and enjoy newfound emotional wellbeing.
LACGC is seeking a highly experienced and energetic leader to serve as Vice President of Human Resources. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Human Resources professional to provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction in designing and driving LACGC’s Human Resources programs, focused on attracting and maintaining a highly competent, engaged workforce while supporting the clinic’s mission, values, and strategic plan.
The Vice President, who will report directly to the President and CEO and will oversee effective execution of clinicwide recruitment and selection, employee relations and retention, compensation and benefits, organizational and professional development; performance management and succession planning, change management, and will function as an equally capable strategic and hands on partner to the President and CEO and Executive team in the overall development of the LACGC workforce.
The successful individual will establish a climate within Human Resources that fosters high involvement, trust, and commitment to quality among all staff members and will design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives. They will ensure that continuous quality improvement is used within the HR function and will develop and monitor mechanisms for assessing client and staff satisfaction with HR services, and use customer/survey feedback in modifying service design and delivery.
The Vice President will partner and advise the Executive team in developing, implementing, and evaluating LACGC’s workforce challenges, Human Resource initiatives, related change and culture management objectives and policies and procedures.
Training & Development
They will oversee and drive all training and development activity for LACGC. The successful individual will also act as an organizational leader and internal consultant across HR related organizational needs such as oversight of advice and education provided to managers.
Required Qualifications / Skills
▪ Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible and diverse HR experience with 5 years in a senior
▪ Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and relevant HR certifications.
▪ Master’s degree and SHRM and PIHRA certification preferred
▪ Experience within the non-profit space with knowledge in the area of mental health services being highly desirable.
▪ Strong employee relations experience involving Human Resource management and staff consultation, training and development and performance management.
▪ In depth knowledge of and expertise in all areas of Human Resources, including current labor laws,
performance management and compensation structures and policy and procedure interpretation.
▪ Thorough knowledge of strategic Human Resources planning, as well as excellent analytical, problem solving, coaching and change management skills.
▪ Must have the ability to educate, persuade and partner with all organizational levels with proven experience influencing with diplomacy whilst mentoring and coaching.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information regarding this position, please email email@example.com. Inquiries will only be accepted from Delta Prime Consulting. DO NOT contact LACGC directly. Please note that not all candidate applications will be selected for interview.
LACGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its