STRAY CAT ALLIANCE
ABOUT STRAY CAT ALLIANCE
Stray Cat Alliance (SCA) is a non-profit organization focused on educating and empowering communities to advocate for every cat’s right to be safe, healthy, and valued. Every day, SCA’s team works to save the helpless lives of kittens and cats by providing: spay/neuter, trap-neuter-return (TNR), adoptions, wellness care, medical care, and community shelter support. Their goals are to:
- Eradicate cruelty toward cats through advocacy, rescue, and education.
- Find loving forever homes for cats and kittens taken in through all of their programs.
- Help shelters transform themselves from executioners to safe havens for cats by implementing SCA’s life-saving policies and procedures.
- Educate the community about the plight of free‐roaming cats and empower people to take action to stop population growth through spay and neuter.
- Create and sustain a No-Kill Nation by mentoring other communities to become no kill through our grassroots programs.
Stray Cat Alliance envisions a time when all cats are valued and safe whether in homes or communities, and when shelters serve as temporary safe havens.
Stray Cat Alliance is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to join our team to support and achieve the fundraising goals of Stray Cat Alliance, particularly from individual major donors. The Major Gifts Officer will advance the work of Stray Cat Alliance by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts ($5,000 and above) in support of priority campaigns and program initiatives. The successful candidate will work directly with colleagues and collaborate with volunteer and executive leadership, as well as program staff and others to enlist support for donor cultivation and solicitation strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects at the $5,000 and above level using a moves management framework. The fundraiser should identify who to cultivate among new donors, existing donors and their own network.
- Plan and implement major donor cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure funding for institutional priorities and to reach annual budgeted goals.
- Conduct personal donor visits to develop positive and purposeful relationships with major donors and prospects.
- Partner with CEO and others who are primary solicitors of donors and prospects as the Background Moves Manager.
- Create, manage and execute Stray Cat Alliance events that lead to individual or corporate major gifts including ticket/table sales and corporate sponsorships of these events.
- Engage volunteer and executive leadership, program and campaign representatives in major gift fundraising activities, strategically using natural partners in the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Work to develop an annual plan of major gift solicitations and to develop and evaluate fundraising strategies for prospects and donors.
- Maintain donor data and contacts in the donor database of record to ensure complete and accurate information on the donor/prospect and the relationship with Stray Cat Alliance.
- Collaborate with the fundraising staff and across the organization to build and sustain a productive and successful major gift fundraising culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of fundraising experience with proven success in securing major gifts at the $25,000 and more level.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and building relationships with highly rated prospects and donors and ability to communicate Stray Cat Alliance’s mission and programs in ways that excite and motivate them.
- Exceptional talent for building and sustaining relationships, both externally and internally, to drive results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to tailor messages to various audiences and to be an effective representative of Stray Cat Alliance.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of development techniques and fundraising best practices to interact capably with donors and their advisors on charitable gifts.
- Ability to articulate the mission and philosophy of Stray Cat Alliance and maintain a working knowledge of priority campaigns and programs.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and CRM databases (ex. Salsa) to facilitate fundraising success.
Stray Cat Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, or sexual orientation. Stray Cat Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envision Consulting has been retained to conduct the search for Stray Cat Alliance incoming Major Gifts Officer.