Details: Commensurate with experience
Summary: L&G Research and Evaluation Consulting, Inc. is a small NYC-based company that offers expertise in conducting applied and scientific research studies and program evaluations in the fields of education, mental health, social services, youth development, and public health. We are a Minority and Women Owned certified business in both New York State and New York City. Specifically our services include grant writing; supporting community based organizations/non-profits with contract procurements; survey design and administration; facilitating focus groups and in-depth interviews; data collection, management, and analysis; and report writing. Our current clients include New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) and a number of community based organizations providing youth development programming throughout New York City. We are seeking to hire 2 hard-working individuals with strong analytical and communication skills to join our evaluation team. Candidates must also be energetic, highly organized, detailed oriented, diplomatic, and possess a friendly disposition. This is a job, but it is more than just filling in your time. We are looking for an individual who is truly committed to contributing to data driven decision-making that will support local, state, and federal initiatives that promote equity in health and education. Apply only if you possess the required skill set and are seriously interested in the position.
Number of Open Positions: 2
Responsibilities: Responsibilities of the Evaluation Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Attend planning and advisory board meetings at assigned schools
- Conduct site visits to observe programs to assess program quality and fidelity of program implementation
- Attend meetings held by New York City and New York State Departments of Education, Office of Community Schools and participate in monthly webinars
- Provide technical assistance and support to clients regarding grant requirements, data collection procedures, and grant goals, objectives, and targets
- Conduct trainings regarding data collection and data entry procedures
- Monitor and ensure clients are entering data into Youthservices.net, an online data system used to collect student demographic and attendance data
- Evaluate current program operations and outcomes, and apply research, data, and policy analysis to recommend program improvements strategies
- Develop, produce, and distribute site visit reports, mid-year evaluation reports, end of year evaluation reports, and weekly data entry compliance reports.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills: The position requires a highly organized and motivated individual with the willingness and ability to assume a variety of research, writing and administrative tasks. The ideal candidate must have a sound knowledge of evaluation and research methodologies, as well as effective communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master's or Doctoral degree in education, psychology, sociology, public policy or health, statistics, or other related field with a minimum five years of work experience in non-profit, community development, or academic environments conducting program evaluations or applied research. (ABD Doctoral students are strongly encouraged to apply as this position provides a great deal of autonomy and responsibility);
- Experience conducting formative and summative program evaluations associated with government or non-profit/community-based initiatives;
- Ability and willingness to travel by car is highly desirable as this position requires a great deal of travel throughout NYC;
- Demonstrated experience working with large urban school districts, after school programs and/or the NYC Department of Education;
- Excellent analytical skills and experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- The ability to synthesize multiple sources of data into a coherent evidence-based report for a wide range of audiences;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, staff, and a wide range of external stakeholders;
- Strong computer skills (especially in Excel, Access or other relational databases);
- Experience analyzing data in SPSS, SAS, or similar analytical and data management tools;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment as well as independently;
- Time management skills and able to work well under pressure; and
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to details.
The position will be initially for one year, renewable up to five years based on performance. Position will remain open until filled.
L&G offers a competitive salary, health insurance, up to 4 weeks of paid time off and the usual federal holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send an email with the subject line “Evaluation Manager” to email@example.com attaching your resume, a cover letter, and list of three references including names, email addresses, and telephone numbers. One of the references MUST be from the last position held. Incomplete applications will not be considered.