District of Columbia
Middle Seat is a digital consulting firm founded by former Bernie 2016 digital and organizing staff. We work with campaigns, nonprofits, advocacy organizations and causes on the front lines of racial justice, climate action, privacy and tech policy, immigration rights, and economic justice. We’re looking for a full-time operations coordinator with a few years experience in the field to take on the challenge of organizing and overseeing day-to-day business at the firm.
Why Middle Seat
- We only work for progressive organizations, candidates, and causes
- We’re a proudly unionized team — part of the Campaign Workers Guild
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing operation
- Work with staff on making sure office needs are met
- Manage invoicing, billing, and new contracts with clients
- Forecast company budgets and balance the books
- Welcome and equip new hires with all the necessary tools and information
- Work with the accounting team to prepare taxes and other filings
- A commitment to progressive politics
- Tech savvy
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working with a team but also a self starter who’s eager to find new ways to improve company culture, workflow, and management
- Able to work extended hours when needed. Comfortable being available for urgent requests and tasks outside of normal business hours
- Previous experience with payroll and invoicing programs like QuickBooks, Justworks, etc a plus
- Experience working with and understanding liabilities, assets and expenses in regard to advertising spends a plus
Salary, Benefits, and Middle Seat Mantra
We are committed to building a diverse and passionate team. The salary for this particular position is $40,000 to $55,000, dependent on relevant experience. The job is based in Washington, D.C. Middle Seat is a unionized firm and offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including benefits for: medical, vision, dental, retirement, commuting, and more.
We encourage creative-minded individuals with a strong organizing skills to apply for this position. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our firm is values-driven. We are intentional with the decidedly left-of-center clients we work with — and we strive to make our work environment and benefits reflect that, including salary transparency, healthy work-life balance, and consistent employee feedback and communication. We’re happy to talk more about our company culture with prospective applicants.
To apply, please reach out directly to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a resume and cover letter.
The job is based in Washington, D.C. Middle Seat is a unionized firm and offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including benefits for: medical, vision, dental, retirement, commuting, and more.
Minimum Education Required