Title: Graphic Designer
Primary Supervisor: Art Director, MCI USA
Department/Client Team: Marketing & Communications, MCI USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: February 2018
The design team at MCI USA is seeking an enthusiastic and creative junior- to mid-level designer with print and digital experience to join the Creative department in our McLean, Virginia office. This role serves both internal business units and external clients, providing publication design, and marketing support to both groups.
This position provides the opportunity to design and contribute to multiple print and digital marketing materials, as well as web-related design work. You will collaborate with other creatives, as well as with various departments across the company. You'll be trusted with varied responsibilities related to the work we provide for our clients.
The ideal candidate will display publication and other design project talents, strong layout and composition skills and an understanding of design components (type, color, grid, imagery, etc.). This person will be a fast learner who works quickly and effectively on tight production deadlines while juggling multiple jobs. They will be positive and motivated, have a passion for design and an eagerness to grow as a designer.
Requirements: Three to five years in the field of design with portfolio to prove it. Proficiency in Creative Cloud is a given. Candidates should be detail-oriented and responsible, have strong communication and organizational skills, expert knowledge of Creative Cloud tools and strong digital/web skills. Squarespace, WordPress and Drupal experience a plus.
- Conceptualize and create and/or source artwork for best visual communication to accompany content. This includes creating original artwork (illustration or photography).
- Provide appropriate design thinking, conceptualization and aesthetic for assigned projects; establish appropriate visual communication through the art and design creation process.
- Work across multiple platforms and tools to create design work for projects as assigned.
- Understand workflow and process of assigned design projects.
- Provide front-line communication to clients (internal and external) and to project art director and supervisor.
- Stay abreast of current design trends and maintain a solid understanding of design trends, visual brand adherence.
- Be integral and active member of design team by offering help and feedback to colleagues.
- Complete assigned work with creativity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Offer effective solutions to client’s requests from our team.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Fiscal Duties (Describe all budget, revenue, or other types of financial responsibility): Liaise between clients and vendors to produce materials within budget
- Track hours via Paycom on weekly basis for submission to supervisor.
- Understand and support all of MCI USA’s policies and procedures.
- Understand and agree to Employee "Non-Compete Employment Agreement".
- Perform any other tasks and functions reasonably requested by MCI USA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 3 years in the field of graphic design with portfolio to prove it.
- Experience in a multi-client environment preferred.
- Proficiency in Creative Cloud is a given; expert knowledge of Creative Cloud tools a plus.
- Detail-oriented and responsible.
- Solutions-oriented, creative problem solver.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong digital/web design skills a must; Squarespace, WordPress, and Drupal experience a plus.
- HTML proficiencies preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements (absolutely required) to email@example.com with the subject line “MCI USA Designer”.
MCI USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.