102 West Roy Street
Ostara Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to build fundraising skills, organizational capacity, and effective leadership in the nonprofit sector. Our vision is a nonprofit sector filled with thriving organizations equipped to build a better world. As experienced nonprofit professionals ourselves, we are mission-driven and service-oriented. Our values deeply influence how we work and the services we provide:
We are connected to our community. Empathy and compassion are fundamental to our work. We truly care about you and the people you serve.
We are deeply committed to our clients and their work. Client service is paramount to everything we do. We strive to make a lasting and positive impact in your organization.
We value transparency and authenticity. We always tell you the truth, with sincerity and respect.
We advocate for leadership that works for the greater good. The principles of social justice and equity guide our work.
We foster an entrepreneurial spirit and act creatively to overcome challenges in your organization. We see obstacles as opportunities to improve your systems and achieve your goals.
About the Ostara Group
The Ostara Group is a full-service fundraising and strategic consulting firm based in Seattle. Founded in 2009, our goal is to help nonprofit organizations navigate complex fundraising and sustainability issues, address day-to-day challenges and bring their work and impact to new heights. We are fundraisers, coaches and leaders with decades on the front lines of organizations in every nonprofit sector. As a team, we value hard work, an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and authenticity. We also value connection to our team and our community. We work, play, volunteer and celebrate together.
Our expertise includes development program analysis, strategic and tactical development planning, interim development leadership and management, grants strategy and execution, capital campaign strategy and support, board development, events strategy and execution and strategic planning. In the past eight years, Ostara has built custom solutions for more than 200 organizations in the Pacific Northwest, spanning every type of mission, vision and organizational business model.
Current and former clients include Childhaven, Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County, the University District Food Bank, City Year Seattle/King County, the University of Washington (multiple departments and units), Seattle Repertory Theatre, ACT Theatre, the Alliance for Education, Rainier Valley Corps, the Mustard Seed Project, MOHAI, West Seattle Helpline, AtWork!, Cancer Lifeline, Women’s Funding Alliance, Spark Northwest, Seattle Public Library Foundation, WithinReach, Team Read and Tasveer.
The Ostara Group’s consultants have extensive experience in nonprofit leadership and fundraising, and come from a variety of fields. Our consultants frequently work in teams to provide the right balance of expertise, experience, and seniority for each client. Over time, each consultant has opportunities to work with and gain knowledge from every other consultant on our staff.
Ostara is an equal employment opportunity employer. Every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristics protected under law.
The Ostara Group seeks a Senior Consultant, Director of Campaign Services, to build our consulting practice with clients raising funds as part of capital and other campaign efforts. The ideal candidate will grow the existing campaign service line and manage projects with a wide variety of nonprofit organization clients. The successful candidate will be innovative and entrepreneurial, with deep experience in fundraising and nonprofit management. They will be creative and energetic, and show the capacity and willingness to lead, mentor, manage, and inspire both clients and Ostara team members.
The Director of Campaign Services reports directly to Partner, Vice President, Rebecca Zanatta. The ideal candidate will be a capable and inspiring manager of people, systems, and processes. They will be a skilled in individual giving, able to work at the strategic level of capital or major campaigns, and other fundraising work with equal ease.
As a Service Line Director, the Director of Campaign Services will:
· Collaborate closely with the Vice President, Managing Director and other service line Directors to expand Ostara's ability to meet the community need in campaign-related support and counsel
· Create a sustainable model of service in the campaign fundraising landscape
· Raise awareness in the community about the innovative and unique campaign services Ostara offers
· Help grow the firm, through business development for all service lines, by identifying and cultivating potential clients
As a member of our senior leadership team, the Director of Campaign Services will:
· Participate actively and regularly in The Ostara Group’s internal meetings, events, workgroups, task forces and group trainings
· Cultivate and steward connections and relationships with staff and board leaders of past, current and potential clients
· Develop, market and teach workshops or presentations in their areas of expertise when opportunities arise at conferences or through partner organizations
· Transfer expertise, insight and knowledge from one client engagement to the next, and to the rest of the Ostara team
· Contribute expertise to the Ostara Brain Trust as questions and needs arise
· Generate ideas for and/or write thought leadership content for Ostara’s online engagement of the nonprofit sector
· Mentor, support, and otherwise contribute to the success of all team members, amplifying their talents for the benefit of the individual, the company, and our client organizations
· Stay aware of conventional and emerging trends and best practices in fundraising and nonprofit management
· Participate in strategic planning for the long-term health of the company
When leading a team or project, the Director of Campaign Services will:
· Participate in business development, proposal writing, and editing to potential clients to secure projects and other business opportunities
· Manage each project to success, including completion of deliverables
· Maintain excellent communication with clients, ensuring their satisfaction with progress and final results or deliverables
· Establish and maintain timelines for projects, including contract progress, schedules, and client needs
· Define and drive custom strategy planning documents to guide campaign process and progress, including managing the production of documents by other team members
· Work directly with multiple clients and develop client deliverables
Ostara works hard to build and preserve a warm and supportive culture. This position is a full-time, position, with a salary range of $80,000-100,000. This position is eligible for health insurance, PTO, stock options, an annual professional development stipend.
Level of Language Proficiency
A successful candidate will be an innovative and proactive campaign fundraising professional who is interested in using their skills and competencies to benefit a wide range of organizations, while continuing to grow professionally and actively learn from team members at all levels. Successful candidates must thrive in a team environment while maintaining independence and taking initiative in their own work.
In addition, s/he will have:
· Minimum of ten years of fundraising experience, where five years have been as a chief development officer accountable to an executive director and board
· Leadership role in more than one capital campaign or other major fundraising campaign
· Demonstrated commitment to best campaign practices
· Previous consulting experience a plus
· Time management skills are paramount to thrive in this position. The candidate must be confident in their ability to self-manage on a daily basis, among a broad portfolio of clients, as well as monitor those they may be managing
· A high degree of professionalism, confidence, sensitivity and integrity
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with individuals and groups of varying size
· The ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents, including other Ostara consulting staff, client staff, volunteers, board members, donors and prospects
· Experience managing a team of one or more individuals, including staff and volunteers
· Critical thinking skills, i.e., the ability to apply reasoning and logic to new or unfamiliar ideas, opinions, and situations
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· High degree of comfort and facility with technology, including donor relationship/CRM databases, and the Microsoft Suite
· Creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
· A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience in the field
Minimum Education Required