Details: Commensurate with experience
L&G Research and Evaluation Consulting, Inc. is a small NYC-based company that offers expertise in conducting applied and scientific research studies and program evaluations in the fields of education, mental health, social services, youth development, and public health. We are a Minority and Women Owned certified business in both New York State and New York City. Specifically our services include grant writing; supporting community based organizations/non-profits with contract procurements; survey design and administration; facilitating focus groups and in-depth interviews; data collection, management, and analysis; and report writing. Our current clients include New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) and a number of community based organizations providing youth development programming throughout New York City. L&G Research and Evaluation seeks an experienced development and evaluation professional to expand and support business development and communications efforts and lead comprehensive evaluation services with the goal of positioning L & G as a leading provider of program evaluation, grant writing, and professional development services to organizations in the public and private sectors.
Number of Open Positions: 1
Responsibilities: The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Development & Communications
- Research and identify new business opportunities by collaborating with executive team to develop and support relationship-building with new and current clients.
- Coordinate and participate in client cultivation meetings and events.
- ·Work with executive team on the development of new projects including writing proposals, MTAC procurement applications, and evaluation consulting/capacity building services.
- Write substantive grant applications for new and current clients including all aspects of proposal development, needs statements, collaborating closely with clients on programmatic design and implementation, and development of sustainability plans.
- Manage website development, including content creation, design, and functionality, in collaboration with an external graphic design consultant. Will work with executive team and staff to ensure website is updated with relevant and new information, including evaluation newsletters and reports. Respond to requests for information.
- Develop and oversee production of marketing and promotional materials.
- Actively maintain and grow L&G’s social media presence on outlets such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Write creative, frequent and relevant updates.
- Evaluate portfolio of 21st CCLC and Extended School Day/School Violence Prevention funded after school programs to ensure quality of services and compliance with grant requirements.
- Ensure accurate documentation of program activities in program-wide database (Youthservices.net) and generate weekly reports to support program monitoring.
- Conduct site visits throughout New York City to evaluate after school programs providing academic enrichment, youth development, and family engagement services. Document, summarize, and report on findings observed through site visits in a timely manner.
- Participate in relevant partnership meetings to report on program progress toward meeting grant objectives, support collaboration among program partners, and provide recommendations for program improvement.
- Lead and/or participate in L&G inter-disciplinary team(s) that develops and refines program evaluation standards, assessment instruments, and data collection and reporting protocols.
- Lead special research projects to evaluate new initiatives.
- Collaborate executive team to write research articles and white papers that can inform the youth development and education fields on best practices and new approaches to enhance service delivery and promote funding sustainability.
- Manage an evaluation intern and develop related projects.
- A Master’s degree in a related field strongly preferred with 10+ years of experience conducting program evaluations in a nonprofit or educational setting.
- Knowledge and experience developing, leading, and/or coordinating quality assurance or improvement activities/initiatives, especially in school-based settings.
- Proficiency in conducting site visits, interviews, and surveys including recording and organizing data and information, and reporting findings.
- Experience developing and/or implementing performance measurement and monitoring tools to assess quality of services and outcomes.
- Significant experience writing substantive grant proposals and communications materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong writing skills, with demonstrated management and team leadership ability.
- Experience with project management, including conceptualizing projects and evaluating new business opportunities.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative and congenial work style.
The position will be initially for one year, renewable up to five years based on performance. Position will remain open until filled.
L&G offers a competitive salary, health insurance, up to 4 weeks of paid time off and the usual federal holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
English a must and Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send an email with the subject line “Senior Development & Evaluation Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your resume, a cover letter, and list of three references including names, email addresses, and telephone numbers. One of the references MUST be from the last position held. Incomplete applications will not be considered.