The Orr Group is a strategic fundraising firm that works exclusively with nonprofits across the United States. Over the past few years, Orr Group has doubled in size and is now serving more than 50 nonprofits. The company specializes in strategic services that promote organizational effectiveness and fundraising support to bolster nonprofit programs. Orr Group is seeking a motivated Business Development Associate to support the Business Development team and the continued growth of the company.
The primary roles of the Business Development Associate (BDA) are to support the Business Development team, manage and direct the prospect pipeline, identify new client prospects for Orr Group, conduct prospect research on new leads, and to improve Orr Groups’ ability to compete in the market for nonprofit fundraising services in our New York City office.
The BDA will work with the Business Development team to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, prepare for business deals and maintain an extensive knowledge of current nonprofit market conditions. The BDA will work with the internal business development team, marketing staff, Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, and other team members to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the firm.
A successful BDA will need to:
· Understand and appreciate the sales funnel and all stages of the sales process;
· Excel at identifying, organizing and understanding sales data to make well-supported and data-driven decisions;
· Know how to turn a lead into a face-to-face meeting, and then how to work with that prospect to help them appreciate the value of a partnership with the Orr Group;
· Recognize the needs of the nonprofit industry and be passionate about helping nonprofit organizations to be successful in their strategic, fundraising and development efforts;
· Thrive in dynamic, rapidly changing and high-growth environments; and
· Enjoy being part of a high-performing team and having the ability to make an impact on the Orr Groups’ bottom line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prospect for potential new nonprofit (NPO) clients and generate increased business and revenue for the Orr Group;
· Manage the Business Development CRM and serve as the teams moves manager;
· Managing and send emails through Apollo, our prospect software;
· Network in the NYC market or other defined geographic area;
· Identify potential NPO clients, and the decision makers within potential client organizations;
· Research and build relationships with new and existing clients to identify new service lines and business growth opportunities;
· Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends;
· Present to and consult with Chief Operating Officer on trends with a view to developing new services and distribution channels;
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales; and
· Using knowledge of the NPO market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators, and tailored marketing materials to support these.
Skills and Certifications:
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Understanding of the fundamentals of fundraising and the nonprofit sector;
· Highly proficient in MS Office products specifically MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
· Familiarity with CRM systems is an advantage;
· Strong focus on customer service quality and teamwork;
· High energy and comfort working in a fast-paced environment;
· Strong time/project management and organization skills and the ability to remain flexible and effective under pressure;
· Flexibility to work long and varying hours (when needed) to meet fixed deadlines and respond to client priorities.
Orr Group offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a fun, challenging work environment. To learn more about Orr Group, please visit www.orrgroup.com.
Orr Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Communications, or other related field from an accredited College or University (MBA preferred);
· Entry level experience in a business development or sales capacity;
Minimum Education Required