Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
ABOUT SCHOOL READINESS CONSULTING
Children are at the center of what we do. School Readiness Consulting (SRC) is a leading national organization with expertise in early education. SRC integrates strategic thinking, best practice, and evaluation to transform early learning and affirm the right of all children to thrive. Our vision is to activate all children’s potential to create a just society. The SRC team makes an active effort to maintain our positive and collaborative work environment, and to ensure our work aligns with our mission. We take pride in being a great place to work.
SRC is looking for a Training Specialist to support projects in the organization’s expanding Practice Division.
SRC’s Practice Division works to promote best practice in teaching and leadership through coaching model design and implementation, instructional leadership, data driven professional development, and race and equity focused professional learning. Threaded through all of our work is a commitment to social justice and ensuring that this value and commitment is present in all of our processes and work.
The Training Specialist provides training design, facilitation, and task management on projects within SRC’s local and national Practice and Evaluation portfolio. The Training Specialist designs and leads professional development for educators and SRC’s data collection teams, with a particular focus on race and equity as well as fidelity to program quality observation and assessment measures. In addition, the Training Specialist supports proposal development, builds relationships with SRC’s clients and ensures productive communication with clients and other partners. The Training Specialist contributes to SRC’s collegial and productive work climate and supports SRC operations. The Training Specialist reports to the Practice Area Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and facilitates professional learning and development for educators and data collectors (conceptualizing and developing training outlines, creating a project plan and project tasks to successfully implement training sessions or series, leading communication with clients and stakeholders, facilitating professional development for a range of stakeholder audiences, including teachers, principals/administrators, coaches, data collectors, etc.; works collaboratively across the practice and evaluation teams to conceptualize and deliver high quality training and professional development opportunities)
- Leads tasks on Practice and Evaluation projects (leading the development and delivery of training activities, providing initial and ongoing reliability for data collectors on projects, as well as professional development aspects of practice projects as assigned, contributing to the data collection protocols as needed and ensuring that professional development is consistent with SRC’s values, principles and required format)
- Positive contribution to SRC’s organizational culture (contributing to a positive work environment, collaborating with colleagues within and across divisions, supporting the organization’s overall mission, and participating in team meetings, professional learning opportunities, retreats, and other organization-wide events)
CORE QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A commitment to equity for all children
- Masters degree in Education, Human Development or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including design and facilitation of professional development
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills that can be applied to various audiences including funding agencies, program staff, families, and other practitioners
- Creativity and a high degree of initiative to design and implement innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions on projects and respond to fast-paced work demands
- Ability to complete work seamlessly and independently
Preference will be given to candidates who have: working understanding of the early childhood education landscape, proficiency with Keynote and Pages, experience conducting and/or current certification in CLASS™, ERS, and other classroom observation or child assessment tools.
As an equal opportunity employer, School Readiness Consulting hires without consideration to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
A competitive benefits package is provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample, and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.