535 Dock Street
Consulting Firm Seeks Project Management Expert
Are you interested in a full-time position at a Tacoma-based, growth-oriented company that works with not-for-profit credit unions across the country inventing poverty-reduction programs? If so, consider coming to work for us. We’re looking for someone to serve as the lynchpin to ensuring that our year-long projects are coordinated smoothly and effectively. The position will work to create schedules and project timelines and work with management to assign tasks and track deliverables, tracking project performance to ensure successful and timely completion.
The position will begin at a mid (Director of Project Management) to upper (Vice President of Project Management) management level, depending on experience and skills. Key skills for the position include the mastery of effective project management and superb communication and diplomacy abilities. Because CU Strategic Planning works exclusively with credit unions, a background with credit unions or other financial institutions is preferred. Certification experience as a project manager is also preferred.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that communicate the status of project completion to management and other staff members.
- Track project performance to ensure the successful completion of the organization’s short and long term goals.
- Manage issues and risk relating to projects and contract fulfilment.
- Evaluate and assess project outcomes and implement indicated changes for continual improvement.
- Work with staff to translate research into effective and compelling grant narratives that result in award-winning grants.
- Work with staff to edit and integrate work of contract grant writers into a seamless and compelling final grant product.
- Manage and coordinate some or all of the organization’s seasonal contract grant writers and researchers, by providing effective guidance, and managing outcomes and deadlines.
- Recruit and evaluate contractors that help the organization fulfil contracts with clients effectively.
Recommended Skills and Abilities:
- A bachelor or associate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and at least three years of equivalent working experience, or working experience that’s equivalent to this standard.
- Experience with SalesForce or other client management platform.
- Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Project preferred.
- PMP or PRINCE II certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Credit union experience preferred
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Diplomacy and the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to tolerate stress.
- Strong initiative, the ability to effectively manage and schedule long-term projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write in a compelling and persuasive manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp and analyze complex, specialized subjects.
- Willing to work as part of a team.
- Self-starter able to work without close supervision.
CU Strategic Planning staff members are endearingly called, “Miracle Makers.” We are an innovative and passionate team motivated by the belief that credit unions are ideally positioned to reduce consumer vulnerability and create solutions for the underbanked in their communities.
CU Strategic Planning offers a flexible benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, vacation and personal days, a 401(k) retirement plan, and the benefits of working in a very casual office environment. This salaried position will be compensated depending on our new team member’s skills and experience, at a salary range between $60,000 and $95,000.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Many candidates may meet our job description requirements. Please use your cover letter to tell us about yourself and why we would like to spend many daylight hours working with you. We’re a fun and quirky crew of do-gooders and big thinkers, so be sure to tell us why you’d fit in and why we should choose you as our new team member.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume mail to:
ATTN: Office Manager
CU Strategic Planning