The Adaway Group is a black woman-owned consulting firm dedicated to helping organizations become more just. We center our work in intersectional racial equity. We specialize in helping leaders and teams do the personal and institutional work required to build equitable and inclusive workplace cultures. Our offerings include training, online courses, coaching, strategic advising, and Equity Audits.
We are a small and close-knit team who are as dedicated to each other as we are to doing this work. We deeply value the lived experiences, unique skill sets and professional backgrounds each of us brings to this work.
In the last year there has been a surge in demand for racial equity practitioners and we need additional support to ensure we are doing our best work while retaining balance as individuals and as a team. We hope to find someone whose love of organization and systems thinking will further ground us in our work and foster a sense of calm.
We’re excited to expand the team to include a dedicated operations and project director to help us do this! You can read more about our values and work here.
We’re looking for folks with the following skills:
- You’re proactive. You can’t help but think five steps ahead. If you don’t have the answer you put in the effort to figure it out. You see areas for improvement and dive in to make things better.
- A natural organizer. You enjoy making complex tasks simple. You believe in administrative systems and can make tedious processes feel seamless for you and your teammates.
- You have a high attention to detail. You have processes in place for double-checking your work.
- You have 3-5 years of project management and administrative experience -previous experience working remotely and/or working with a consulting team is a plus. At least two years of owning entire project life cycles.
- You have experience working with multiple stakeholder groups at once. In our case your core team (consultants and trainers), practitioners we partner with, clients, and individuals that enroll in our courses.
- You’re comfortable using a variety of software platforms (Including Microsoft Office –especially PPT, Zoom, Google Suite, and SurveyMonkey) and welcome learning how to use new ones (online learning platforms like Teachable which we use).
- You write with clarity and directness, and can give easy to understand instructions to our stakeholders -clients, class participants, etc.
- You partner well with colleagues that are verbal processors and often prefer a 3-minute phone call instead of writing an email.
- Commitment to equity and justice: We’re looking for a person with a commitment to racial equity and creating a more just world by helping to dismantle systems of oppression like white supremacy. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do expect you to have a strong desire to put your skills to work in doing this transformational work.
Responsibilities: Your time will be spent across three main areas, even though you will own these activities you’ll always be working in partnership with other team members. We will ensure you have the information and direction you need to succeed.
- Internal operations and administration:
- You’ll be responsible for helping us streamline systems with an emphasis on capacity planning and long-term scheduling strategy.
- You’ll have oversight of all our projects and be thinking four steps ahead so teammates can focus on deliverables. You’ll lead internal planning and logistics meetings.
- Answering questions like, how many trainings can we do in October, when do we need to cut off taking on new clients, how to best manage our lead consultants’ calendars.
- In the short-term you’ll be helping two staff members with their scheduling while we figure out how to best streamline that process.
- You’ll check our info@box daily and respond to emails that come into that address.
- Client project management:
- You’ll review new client inquiries and using our rubric decide who we should book intro calls with.
- You’ll partner closely with us on writing proposals and contracts and eventually take that over.
- You’ll interface with clients about scheduling, project timelines, updates.
- You’ll break down client work into distinct tasks and ensure that each is completed according to the project timeline. You’ll be thinking ahead and ensuring our two lead consultants are prepped accordingly.
- You’ll offer teammates support where appropriate, synthesizing notes, doing background research, creating first drafts of PPT documents, updating templates, etc.
- You’ll ensure that client deliverables have all been copy edited, formatted correctly and delivered on time.
- You will participate in client meetings as needed.
- You will attend trainings in a support role as needed.
- Online classes:
- We run three online courses a year. They are major projects with lots of moving parts that you would be responsible to ensure go smoothly. Here are some of those parts: platform prep, managing registrations/payments, securing interpreters and translators, formatting content and resources, uploading everything to the platform, tracking back-end stats and interfacing with trainers and our marketing partner.
How to apply:
We use a Google Form to ask you a few questions and have you upload your resume. No cover letter needed. The application can be found here.
You'll be prompted to log into a Google account to submit. (If you don't have a Google account please email email@example.com for an alternative method to apply).
We center equity in our hiring process:
The Adaway Group strives to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including but not limited to Black people and people of color, indigenous and native people, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled people, immigrants, and low income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these and other diverse backgrounds to apply.