Administrative Assistant: Mexico Civil Society Activity
Reports to: Senior of Finance and Administration
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to create dramatic improvements in the performance of organizations and programs working to enhance the social and economic well-being of people around the world. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is implementing a five-year USAID-funded Mexico Civil Society Activity with the goal to improve the institutional capacity of intermediate service organizations and civil society organizations to effectively implement their development agendas related to crime and violence prevention, criminal justice reform, and human rights.
SI is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide operational and office support for the USAID-funded Mexico Civil Society Activity.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Mexican citizens will be considered. **
· Support Finance and Administration Manager with daily administrative points;
· Support as needed to the Senior Finance Manager routine daily financial transactions and gather supporting documentation;
· Maintain records and files of the Project;
· Enforce office visitor protocols;
· In coordination with Procurement Coordinator will ensure office is stocked with office supplies;
· Coordinate use of meeting room and scheduling of COP and DCOP official meetings;
· Take all the upcoming calls of the Project;
· Will be responsible of reviewing the log control of the use of Project Vehicle.
· Will be responsible of coordinating and scheduling the official trips of the driver for CSA team
· Arrange travel and hotel reservations, securing visas etc.
· Assist the programmatic team as needed to complete travel authorizations and expenditure reports, gather receipts;
· Oversee the cleanliness and general maintenance of the office;
· Receive and distribute packages or mail within the office;
· Other duties as assigned.
1. Diploma required, Bachelor Degree preferred
2. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public
3. 3-5 years administrative management experience with international projects
4. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively orally and in writing
5. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality in day-to-day work
6. Ability to establish, maintain, and prepare records and reports
7. Computer skills including use of PowerPoint and Excel Microsoft Office programs
8. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with staff and consultants from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Fluent in Spanish and working proficiency in English
Minimum Education Required