1109 1st Ave, Suite 400
Cascadia Consulting Group is a women-owned, private environmental consulting firm that develops and implements innovative solutions to today’s environmental challenges. Founded in 1993, Cascadia works with public and private-sector clients to advance sustainability through recycling and materials management, climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy efficiency, and water and natural resources management. The Cascadia team brings both expertise and creative thinking to research and analysis, strategic planning, program design and implementation, and outreach and evaluation. With offices in Seattle, Oakland, and Austin, we serve clients across the country and abroad. Our mission is to inspire and empower communities everywhere to protect and restore our world.
Cascadia aspires to be a multicultural organization and seeks to hire individuals who contribute to our cultural fluency. We value employees who are aware of their own cultural lens, along with the impact it has on their interactions and work, and who can effectively connect across culture and difference, including race, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and physical ability. Additionally, we hire individuals who value a collaborative, fast-paced work environment, who think creatively and communicate effectively, and who work hard to get the job done well. Consulting is about taking initiative, solving problems, and serving clients, so we seek staff members with skills in those areas.
Cascadia is currently hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to all Cascadia staff and work in the reception area of our downtown Seattle office. We are seeking someone available to work Monday through Friday for a total of 24 hours per week (60% FTE); there is potential for flexibility regarding the set days and hours worked.
Primary job responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing exceptional customer service over email, Cascadia’s main phone line (respond to inquiries and direct calls), and in-person when receiving and referring office visitors.
- Assisting with complex scheduling, workload planning, and securing travel arrangements, including national and international travel, shipping booths and collateral materials, and other logistics.
- Supporting office operations, including ordering office supplies, handling building maintenance requests, distributing mail, maintaining office files, managing building keys, updating electronic lists of company contacts, coordinating company vehicle maintenance, and maintaining general office appearance.
- Coordinating logistics for internal and external events, workshops, and conferences, including finding venues, organizing refreshments, coordinating audiovisuals and set-up, creating sign-up sheets, registering people, preparing collateral materials, tracking event checklists, and other related duties.
- Conducting special internal projects or events, such as assisting with office reorganization, coordinating Cascadia’s annual holiday party, and ordering food and supplies for office celebrations and meetings.
- Managing office equipment requests and maintenance.
- Handling financial transactions responsibly, including purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and reconciling expenses and receipts.
- Providing administrative support for employee orientation, recruitment, and human resources tasks.
· Providing administrative support to executives and staff across all offices.
· Performing related duties as required.
· General kitchen duties.
The position requires a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience executing office operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on efficiency and accuracy in carrying out administrative tasks.
- Ability to prioritize workload and use independent judgment to resolve issues.
- Strong time management skills and flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Other highly desirable attributes include:
· A desire to continue on an administrative career path is strongly preferred.
· A personable demeanor, positive attitude, and sense of humor.
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
· Bilingual or multilingual skills.
This is a part-time, hourly administrative position. Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefit package, including health insurance for employees at or above 60% FTE, 401(k) with an employer match, life insurance, long-term disability, transportation subsidies, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Administrative Assistant - [Your Name]” in the subject line. Cover letters should address your ability to meet the primary job responsibilities, relevant experience, and interest in the position. Please state where you learned about the position. Applications accepted until 5:00 PM (Pacific) on May 24, 2018.