216 E. 45th St
About Our Company
Prasad Consulting & Research (PCR) is a renowned consulting firm enabling nonprofit organizations to maximize their income by raising major and capital gifts. Headquartered in New York City, the firm has counseled more than 150 charities throughout the country and around the world, with operating budgets ranging from $50,000 to $2.5 billion.
PCR is a pioneer in helping organizations craft major donor strategies for individuals and groups with differing cultural values and sensitivities. Projects have included campaigns targeted specifically to African-American, Chinese, Dutch-American, Hispanic, Scandinavian, South Asian, Sephardic, gay and lesbian, elderly, and female populations.
Our services include major donor research and fundraising strategy development, audits of research departments, and training for development offices and staff.
For more information on PCR, please visit our website at www.prasadconsulting.com.
Want to learn more about the nonprofit world and how to raise money for these organizations?
A part-time position in our New York office is now available. This position is ideal for recent graduates and current undergraduate or graduate students who would like more experience with fundraising and philanthropy. You will get a solid introduction to standard research programs and techniques.
The Research and Administrative Assistant performs various duties that support fundraising efforts and a functional office. This position demands judgment and professionalism. He or she will be involved in short and long-term projects related to fundraising research and strategy, social media, and email, phone, and in-person interactions with clients.
We are a very small and fast-paced office looking for the right person to join our team. Candidates must be an intelligent, analytic, responsive, organized, and detail-oriented person with excellent writing skills who is interested in the opportunity to work with many clients dealing with issues in the areas of fundraising, research, events, and communications.
• Assist PCR with internet research and prospecting of potential individual and corporate donors.
• Manage multiple databases (researching donor records, generating reports, preparing data entries etc.)
• Complete day-to-day tasks associated with website updates, expense reimbursements, phone calls and voicemail, client questions, PowerPoint presentations, computer troubleshooting, and additional duties as assigned.
• Help maintain the President's calendar and schedule appointments. Support the planning and execution of meetings, providing logistical support. As directed, assemble materials, data, reports, etc., in preparation for meetings and programs.
• Prepare and support the timely dissemination of clear and professional written internal and external communication.
• Maintain an organized and efficient office through everyday purchases and by keeping track of office inventory.
• Fluency in English necessary.
• High School Diploma required, bachelor's degree or in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred, some graduate work is a plus.
• Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated initiative and follow-through with a keen sense of urgency.
• Strong time management and organizational skills, able to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously with consistency and accuracy.
• Goal-oriented and ability to meet large goals and deadlines effectively.
• Cultural competence.
Additional Skills/Experience (preferred, but not required)
• Interest and/or experience in supporting development/fundraising, public relations, communications studies, and/or working in the nonprofit sector
• Experience as a Teacher's Assistant
• Familiarity with Raisers Edge software, Dreamweaver, SPSS and/or equivalent programs
• Tech savvy/experience with applications such as SquareSpace, MailChimp, Photoshop, Canva, and Google Analytics
20+ hours per week, flexible schedule, additional hours possible. Starting immediately.
Additional employee benefits include the opportunity to attend New York University and Columbia University Prospect Research classes, networking events related to philanthropy, and an unlimited monthly metro card.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is mandatory. Proficiency in additional languages would be of interest, but is not required.
Minimum Education Required