An opportunity to focus on and address some of the most challenging and impactful problems in global health and development
Global Impact Advisors is a consulting firm focused on global health and development solutions. The firm provides strategy, program design, project management, and monitoring and evaluation services to leading philanthropies, non-profit organizations, and universities. We are a multidisciplinary firm that integrates public and private sector thinking to address challenges across multiple sectors – from building sustainable cities to increasing access to health services and products. The firm works with a dynamic network of technical experts in global health and development.
GIA is seeking a Manager who can support the firm to develop, manage, and deliver high value to our clients. The opening is for a full-time position starting in March. The position offers the opportunity to contribute to a growing and dynamic firm. The individual will have a proven consulting track record at one of the top tier consulting firms (e.g. Bain, McKinsey, Monitor, BCG, etc) or experience managing global health or development programs (e.g 5-7 years of progressive experience in global health and development).
The person in this position will have the opportunity to work across multiple initiatives within the firm, including initiatives on family planning, HIV, sustainable cities, and health and environment in China.
The person in this position will gain experience in a fast-paced and high impact business. This is a great opportunity for someone with (1) strong strategic, analytical, and program management skills, who is interested in translating their consulting and management skills into a focus on socially impactful projects or (2) deep experience in global health and development that is looking to build their consulting skillset while remaining focused on global health and development problems. We are looking for an individual with a great attitude, a passion for helping their clients and the people they serve, and an incredible skill for delivering meaningful analyses in a visually compelling manner.
The Manager will be based out of the San Mateo office in California.
- Progressive responsibility for multiple projects spanning research, development, and delivery of global health and development solutions and across multiple geographies including Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
- Interface directly with a wide range of clients, including some of the largest global philanthropies, universities, and non-profits.
- Build, manage and contribute to small, elite teams of consultants that often include senior advisors, subject-matter experts, as well as junior team members.
- Contribute to the development and design of complex programs and partnerships often between non-profit and for-profit actors.
- Develop and shape workplans and scopes of work for client projects.
- Conduct all activities related to program design, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation, including coordination among internal and external stakeholders, maintenance and oversight of document and monitoring systems, and tracking action items and minutes from meetings, as needed.
- Conduct research, put together presentations and write reports relevant to your projects.
- Develop data-driven analyses to assess our client’s problems.
- Work closely with our clients to strategically implement solutions.
- All other responsibilities as needed.
Skills & Capabilities
- 2-3 years experience with a top tier consulting firm or 5-7+ years progressive experience in global health, public affairs, environment, climate business, or other related field.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to independently develop a narrative including robust quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, confident and persistent.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and build relationships with clients.
- Ability to work on projects with clients in multiple time-zones.
- Passion for population health and the environment.
- Ability to travel (including internationally) up to 30%.
Educational & Professional Requirements
- Graduate degree required
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organization. To learn more about us you can visit globalimpactadvisors.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018