PowerTools is an exciting educational and corporate consulting firm that partners with schools, businesses, youth, and families. We work with schools to build positive school climates, infuse social emotional learning, and enhance youth voice. We have a growing practice with businesses building capacity for effective teaming through engaging, gamified retreats, workshops and ongoing coaching services. PowerTools prioritizes customization, collaboration, cultural humility, and research-based practices.
The Office & Administrative Assistant supports the Executive Director through a
broad array of administrative tasks and activities to maintain the smooth flow of operations and
projects handled by a team of consultants and facilitators. We are searching for an experienced, friendly, reliable, and task-oriented Office & Administrative Assistant.The ideal candidate is energetic, optimistic, highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing multiple tasks at once, while supporting ongoing projects and the smooth daily functioning of the firm.
This position is part time; 16 hours per week. There is some flexibility regarding work days. Work takes place in our beautiful WeWork site in downtown Manhattan.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains workflow of project assignments and oversight of consultant project timelines, may be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required
- Communicates with Executive Director to share updates, review tasks, etc.
- Manages invoicing and billing using bookkeeping/accounting systems
- Manages payroll, as needed, through our third-party provider, Paychex
- Conducts and compiles research upon request
- Proof-reads documents, promotional materials, and educational resources
- Carries out clerical duties, such as copying, making labels, filing, shipping, + mailing
- Creates and maintains filing systems across a number of platforms and media, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and the in-office filing system
- Corresponds with clients, employees, and others via phone and email as needed
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying delivery of supplies, manages vendor relationships
- Creates, compiles, and packages PowerTools Toolkits and related workshop materials
- Maintains a clean and organized work space
- Ensures operation of any equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, etc.
- Supports the team by accomplishing related tasks as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Google Suite, DropBox, Quickbooks, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Administrative writing skills, light data analysis and processing
- 1-2 years administrative experience: clerical, data entry and customer service
- Willingness to use personal laptop on the job
- Professionalism: promptness, clear written and oral communication, ability to discuss challenges and issues calmly and directly. Works with minimal supervision
- Superior interpersonal relationship and team building skills
- Preference for fast pace job with multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- Minimum Typing speed: 60 WPM
- Associates Degree (but open to self-taught people with experience)
Our culture fit
- Energetic, positive, highly collaborative, focused
- Interested in education, supporting youth to thrive
- Values diversity, social justice, and equity
- Passionate about social emotional learning, school and classroom culture, mindfulness in education, and/or leadership development practices
- Experience creating invoices for the Department of Education
- Familiarity with managing payroll, preferably via Paychex
- Experience working in an educational setting (school, daycare, community center, university)
PowerTools, LLC, is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decisions.
Some flexibility regarding work days. Occasional opportunity to work offsite.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three professional references