12100 Wilshire Boulevard
Cotsen Family Office, located in West Los Angeles, provides operational, accounting and administrative support for Cotsen Foundation for the ART of TEACHING and other related entities.
The Cotsen Foundation for the ART of TEACHING, a California tax-exempt private foundation, seeks to transform good teachers into great teachers. This transformation occurs through a program in which proven educators receive coaching and mentoring to achieve the highest levels of teaching excellence. Currently, 174 teachers in 24 schools from across 11 Southern California districts comprise the 2018 ART of TEACHING cohorts. The foundation now has more than 1,000 alumni, and continues to expand its growth and funding to intensify the role that Cotsen plays in supporting excellence in teaching and learning in Southern California elementary classrooms.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Manager is responsible for oversight of all finance, investment, accounting and reporting activities. Accounting Manager leads all day-to-day finance operations, including hands-on functional responsibility over investment and corporate accounting, financial reporting, cash flow, budget and forecasts preparation, audit and tax returns preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain full departmental procedures and policies, including appropriate internal controls, with the objective of assessing effectiveness of the current systems in use.
- Investigate and implement enhancements to the existing technology and procedures.
- Supervise two accountants in creating a well-functioning and fully cross-trained team.
- Assist the CFO in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements with analysis of actual results compared to prior year’s actuals and the current year budget.
- Prepare cash flow projections in the context of incoming investment returns and outgoing grants.
- Monitor, record, analyze and reconcile all investment activities.
- Liaise with auditors, tax and investment advisors, and lead in preparing all regulatory filings.
- Solid accounting experience (financial statement preparation, budgeting and cash flow projection, general ledger, accounts receivable and payable, investment accounting and coordinating audit and tax return filings) with minimum
- 5 years of experience in similar position.
- CPA license preferred.
- Highly proficient software and computer skills including accounting systems, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Well-versed in reviewing and recording investment managers reports into the accounting system as well as in preparing investment roll-forward and cash flow schedules.
- Not-for-profit and private foundation accounting experience highly desirable.
- Experience with accounting system implementation.
- High integrity, attentive to details, collaborative and committed team player.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, the Family Office offers a competitive pay plan and excellent benefits including, health, dental, vision insurance, sick time, vacation and holidays, as well as safe harbor 401(k) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This full-time position is immediately available. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.