Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
245 West 29th Street
Bennett Midland LLC, a management consulting firm that works exclusively in the civic sector, seeks a principal. Our team combines deep and varied experience in public service with highly tuned analytic skills. We collaborate with government agencies, non-profit organizations, and foundations to develop and implement new programs and initiatives, solve operational problems, and execute effective management strategies. We work on a broad range of issues, including criminal justice, government innovation, health and human services, urban planning, and economic development and ensure our clients achieve and amplify the impact they seek. We work with the imperative to make the world better, and appreciate how important it is for our clients to succeed.
We are seeking a seasoned and accomplished leader in the civic sector to join our team as a principal—directing engagements with government agencies, non-profits, and leading foundations; expanding our networks and business development efforts; and helping to manage a thriving and growing firm. We are seeking professionals with ten or more years of experience who are committed to expanding the impact of the civic sector.
The principal will:
- Lead client engagements to create strategic plans, design new programs, launch organizations, manage national initiatives, and advise on operations and implementation;
- Manage the efforts of internal teams to provide the best possible services and written products to our clients;
- Drive business development activities to establish new relationships, identify opportunities for partnership, and secure new engagements;
- Oversee the development of recommendations for leaders in the civic sector and guide them in making critical decisions through presentations and facilitated working sessions;
- Contribute to the professional development of team members through coaching, mentorship, and performance feedback; and
- Take on other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ten or more years of experience, including experience leading an initiative, department, or program in public policy, public administration, management consulting, or a related field;
- A record of delivering significant results and impact in the civic sector;
- The capacity to thrive in relationships with clients and leaders in the civic sector;
- Superior communications skills, including effective, confident writing;
- Experience successfully managing teams and a commitment to a collegial workplace;
- The ability to operate effectively in a broad range of cultural contexts required, proficiency in additional languages preferred; and
- An undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com. Our firm values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No telephone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.