We are seeking an Associate to support our waste research projects by managing and participating in waste characterization studies throughout North America. It is expected that 10 % of this position will be travel. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills. A background in and/or knowledge of recycling, organics, and waste reduction programs, as well as a commitment to team building are equally important qualities.
· Provide task and project management leadership for selected Research & Analysis research and planning projects, including coordinating with staff, clients, and other partners; implementing projects on time and within budget; and developing project scopes, budgets, timelines, and staffing plans.
· Deliver technical services, such as study design, quantitative analysis, and in-field team leadership.
· Coordinate and/or delegate project preparation tasks that may include travel logistics, assessing gear inventory, setting up databases, printing field forms, etc.
· Support business development efforts, including proposal development, editing, and production. May also include attendance at selected industry events.
· Direct and lead project and internal teams, as assigned, and provide staff mentorship and coaching.
· Participate in fieldwork to visually characterize or hand-sort samples of waste, recyclables, and/or organic materials.
· Occasionally travel, including for field work and meetings or other activities outside standard work hours.
· Ensure that field work adheres to Cascadia’s safety standards.
· Evaluate and inform project design to ensure equitable service delivery.
· Perform data entry using Cascadia’s cloud-based software and Excel.
· Conduct quantitative analyses, including use of spreadsheets and databases.
· Conduct research (internet and telephone surveys) as needed.
· Other duties as assigned by the client(s) or Cascadia.
This selected candidate will work primarily on waste related projects within Cascadia’s Research & Analysis line of business, while also supporting cross-cutting projects that incorporate Cascadia’s other two lines of business—Communication & Engagement and Planning & Facilitation. Typical clients will range from local governments and utilities to recycling and waste management service providers and private-sector companies.
· Understanding of, and commitment to, Cascadia’s mission to “inspire and empower communities everywhere to protect and restore our world” in an equitable and inclusive way.
· A commitment to racial equity and the ability to apply racial equity principles to project work with clients, partners, and colleagues in an innovative and culturally responsible way while exhibiting emotional intelligence.
· Commitment to thinking critically about your own cultural lens; ability to provide equitable outreach and communicate respectfully and effectively with people from a diversity of backgrounds.
· Excellent organizational skills, data management abilities, and attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to diverse styles and perspectives, both in person and over the phone.
· Experience or interest in sustainability topic areas, such as recycling and composting, water pollution prevention, water conservation, fats/oils/grease management, and/or transportation.
· Project management experience mentoring teams of field staff that work in partnership with diverse community members, leaders, business owners, and stakeholders.
· Experience working in the field, managing and motivating teams, ensuring safety, etc.
· A four-year degree in a related field (e.g., environmental studies) or equivalent experience. Advanced degree or certification in a relevant field is a plus.
· Ability to lift or move up to 40 pounds.
· Ability to stand or walk on uneven surfaces for up to 10 hours per day.
· Ability to work outdoors, including in inclement weather.
· Spoken and/or written fluency in both English and another language, such as Vietnamese, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Somali, Russian, Amharic, Tigrinya, Punjabi, or Arabic.
We are seeking an Associate to support our waste research projects by managing and participating in waste characterization studies throughout North America. It is expected that 10 % of this position will be travel. The…
This is a full-time, hourly, regular, non-exempt position based in Seattle, WA. Hourly rates are based on experience and competitive with jobs in the environmental sector; the anticipated hourly rate range for this position is $26-$31/hour. The work may require flexible hours (including hours beyond the standard workday, such as weekends and evenings).
Cascadia offers a flexible workplace with the potential to work from home and the office, a generous benefit package, including health insurance for employees at or above 60% full-time equivalent, 401(k) with an employer match, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, transportation subsidies, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off (per annum: 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays, 9 sick days pro-rated for FTE equivalency), professional development opportunities, sabbaticals, and paid parental leave.
This is a full-time, hourly, regular, non-exempt position based in Seattle, WA. Hourly rates are based on experience and competitive with jobs in the environmental sector; the…
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion and qualifications for the position, and please also include a complete chronological resume. Submit these materials to: https://cascadiaconsulting.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0s2zk?cjb_hash=O_sNIB84&apply_now=true. Your cover letter should address your ability to meet the criteria in the Required Qualifications section and highlight relevant experience, education, and why you are interested in this position. Please state where you learned about the position. This position is open until filled.
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion and qualifications for the position, and please also include a complete chronological resume. Submit these materials to…