Director of Organizational Development, Children's Institute
- Job posted by Delta Prime Management Consulting
2121 West Temple Street
There is a crisis in Los Angeles. For far too many children here, violence is a daily fact of life. With over 50,000 reports of child abuse/neglect filed annually – and more than 400 a day or 17 an hour. Police respond to 43,000 reports of domestic violence, many involving children. When children are traumatized by violence, their chances of growing up to lead healthy, productive lives are threatened. They are more likely to fail in school, enter the criminal justice system, and repeat the cycle. At Children’s Institute (CII) we believe with the right intervention, the harmful effects of violence can be mitigated and the cycle broken. At CII we serve more than 22,000 children and their families in the city’s most challenged neighborhoods, and train more than 9,000 professionals in the areas of child development, mental health and welfare. CII provides healing so traumatized children can recover and lead healthy and fulfilling lives, while working to shape the field of children’s services through innovative research, demonstration projects and professionally accredited training programs.
CII is seeking an experienced and energetic individual to serve as the Director of Organizational Development. This new position is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to collaborate with leaders across the organization to improve individual and team effectiveness through the design, development and implementation of learning and organizational development projects. They will be a strategic partner that helps drive a high-performance culture through the creation and implementation of people strategies including: values-based programs, change management, talent management and succession planning, leadership & organizational development, and ngagement & recognition.
Reporting into the Chief People Officer, this individual will manage a team of two.
- Translates business strategies into people strategies that leverage the organization’s current strengths and values while driving culture change for high performance and accountability.
- Builds relationships across the organization’s divisions to promote and drive change and understands current and future talent needs. Builds processes, procedures, and programs designed to assist the organization.
- Oversees the management of the Relias Learning Management System.
- Conducts assessments and uses data to provide consultation on organizational effectiveness interventions that will close gaps from current to desired future state.
- Oversees all instructional design.
- Partners with CPO for the institutionalization of Insights, which is a psychometric tool used currently at CII in order to help all employees communicate more effectively
- Assesses training needs across all departments and identifies common needs that will enhance employee and leadership performance
- Creates resources, tools, trainings, and other related products to assist and empower leadership in implementing their strategy.
- In collaboration with the Chief People Officer, leads an actionable talent review and succession process that connects performance and cultural values to development and total rewards.
- Coaches leaders to drive a learning and development culture while helping them drive results through accountability.
- Provides strategic guidance and advice to all levels of leadership on how to implement organizational change.
- Models behavior and acts as the change champion and culture expert for CII.
- Develops and manages high potential employee development and retention programs.
- Develops and partners with leadership on mentoring, career-pathing, and other programs that are valuable in retaining top talent.
- Responsible for continuing employee engagement work and effectively partnering with leadership in driving forward organizational changes to increase engagement
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development or a related field.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in organizational development which includes developing, delivering and managing leadership development programs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Highly experienced in organizational effectiveness, change management, HR and Talent Management.
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational design, job analysis/design, implementing and managing culture change and transformation initiatives.
- Outgoing and positive disposition.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to be collaborative, influential and manage people who are not direct reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Exceptional Project Management skill set which includes experience with managing multiple projects, with multiple clients simultaneously with great success.
- Strong knowledge and experience in organizational development and effectiveness interventions, best practices, and applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of change management principles, practices, processes and techniques.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership and ability to understand the strategic context, translate organizational change implications and generate a change approach, solutions that drives the desired results.
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing organizational development models and assessment tools.
- Non-profit experience
- A commitment to CII’s mission and values of passion, innovation, partnership, and equity.
- Experience with instructional design
For more information regarding this position, please email email@example.com. Inquiries will only be accepted from Delta Prime Consulting. DO NOT contact CII directly. Please note that not all candidate applications will be selected for interview.
CII is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.
Minimum Education Required