Cascadia’s marketing and business development (BD) team is seeking a skilled and savvy writer to support deadline-driven writing efforts with outstanding critical thinking, coordination, and editorial skills. This person will provide marketing and BD coordination and support across Cascadia’s three lines of business: Research & Analysis, Planning & Facilitation, and Communication & Engagement. Additional tasks may include writing and coordination support for website, social media, and targeted marketing initiatives, and editorial support for client-facing deliverables. Strong candidates will be comfortable developing clear and engaging prose from notes and outlines, prioritizing around tight deadlines and balancing competing priorities, proactively setting schedules and coordinating with teammates to meet deadlines, tailoring writing styles for specific needs, and maintaining perspective (and humor!) during times of stress. This position will report to Cascadia’s Senior Business Development Manager and will be supported by an editorial board and graphic design team.
Examples of work include the following:
· Develop proposal outlines that are responsive to RFP/Q requirements.
· Coordinate proposal writing and development with internal colleagues and external partners.
· Coordinate support for website, social media, and targeted marketing initiatives.
· Maintain a digital library of BD materials including project case studies, bios, resumes, and related materials; work with staff on periodic updates to these materials.
· Draft original proposal narratives from strategy meetings, notes, and outlines.
· Write and refresh marketing content that tells the story of Cascadia’s people, work, and impact.
· Conduct research on markets and clients to support proactive BD initiatives.
· Work with marketing and creative teams to bolster Cascadia’s online/social media relevance.
· Writing, coordination, and/or fieldwork support on billable projects for clients (~20% FTE)
This position requires a candidate with the following qualifications:
· Understanding of, and commitment to, Cascadia’s mission to “inspire and empower communities everywhere to protect and restore our world in an equitable and inclusive way.”
· Commitment to thinking critically about your own cultural lens and being able to communicate respectfully and effectively with people from a diversity of backgrounds.
· Interest in environmental sustainability, social justice, community development, and/or or natural resource issues.
· Degree in journalism, marketing, liberal arts, or other writing-oriented major; or related professional experience.
· The ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to diverse styles and perspectives.
· Commitment to working both in teams and independently to advance common goals and create high-quality work products.
· The ability to produce responsive, high-quality work with minimal guidance or oversight.
· Basic to intermediate experience—and a willingness to expand skills—in producing documents for an employer with Microsoft Office 365 programs, such as SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and/or with Adobe products.
· An eye for design and/or experience with Adobe InDesign or Illustrator.
· Previous experience with proposal or grant writing for mission-driven organizations.
Experience using collaborative tools such as Google Drive, Sharepoint, Trello, etc.
Cascadia’s marketing and business development (BD) team is seeking a skilled and savvy writer to support deadline-driven writing efforts with outstanding critical thinking, coordination, and editorial skills. This…
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position based in California or Washington. Hourly rates are based on experience and competitive with jobs in the environmental sector; the anticipated hourly rate range for this position is $24 - $26 hour.
Cascadia offers a flexible workplace with the potential to work from home and the office, a generous benefit package, including health insurance for employees at or above 60% full-time equivalent, 401(k) with an employer match, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, transportation subsidies, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off (per annum: 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays, 9 sick days pro- rated for FTE equivalency), professional development opportunities, sabbaticals, and paid parental leave.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position based in California or Washington. Hourly rates are based on experience and competitive with jobs in the environmental sector; the…
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position, and provide a complete chronological resume. Submit both to the following link: https://cascadiaconsulting.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0s2zi?cjb_hash=O_vCfI62&apply_now=true. Your cover letter should address your ability to meet the criteria in the Required Qualifications section and highlight relevant experience, education, and why you are interested in this position. If your resume does not currently reflect the requested experience, please explain your adjacent skills and/or experiences as applicable to this position. Please state where you learned about the position. Review of materials is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled. Early application is encouraged.
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position, and provide a complete chronological resume. Submit both to the following link: https…