Full Time Contract
Details: This is a contract position. Individual is responsible for paying taxes.
1501 Wilson Boulevard
The Destination Sales and Marketing Group, Ltd. (DS&MG) is a business services company that operates and manages transportation option programs in the region. DS&MG operates programs including Arlington County Commuter Services’ Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP), BikeArlington, Mobility Lab, WalkArlington and Capital Bikeshare as well as outreach for Northern Virginia Transportation Commission’s I-66 Commuter Choice - Inside the Beltway program. We educate and assist our clients in offering their employees or residents programs and amenities that support travel choice.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be educating employers and residential communities about the I66 Commuter Choice program in order to implement transportation programs that incentivize individuals to consider and use transportation options such as: vanpooling, bus, Metro, VRE, biking, walking, carpooling, car sharing, Capital Bikeshare, telework, compressed work weeks, and flexible scheduling. The BDM will spend 60% of their time building relationships with clients, setting up transportation programs, and educating employees and residents travelling along the I66 corridor. 20% of the BDM’s time is spent working collaboratively with a team to create comprehensive and integrated marketing collateral materials, sales campaigns, and client communications. 20% of the BDM’s time will be spent on analyzing, tracking, maintaining, and reporting on data associated with their program.
The position is a full-time, grant funded position that starts immediately.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as the I66 Commuter Choice outreach lead for employers and residential communities
· Engage clients via phone, email, and in person to recommend and implement commuter programs
· Strategize with the DS&MG Outreach & Marketing Team as well as program manager(s) to implement new and ongoing sales campaigns to meet organizational objectives and goals
· Assist with the creation of client specific sales & outreach campaigns
· Organize and attend transportation related events
· Work with a team by providing copy for collateral, newsletters, & social media
· Database entry for tracking & reporting activities using Sugar CRM
· Keep current with industry issues by participating in trainings, webinars, and industry conferences
· Work with other organizations within the region to promote transportation options
Required Skills and Experience:
· Ability to work on site in Rosslyn - Arlington, Virginia and travel within Northern Virginia
· 3+ years paid experience working FT in a professional office atmosphere
· Post-Secondary degree in business, marketing, planning, or a related field
· Business-to-business sales, outreach, or engagement experience
· Basic understanding of marketing, advertising, or communications
· Enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment
· Ability to work independently and take initiative
· Interest in transportation policy or issues
· Interest in promoting the benefits of multi-modal mobility options
· Proficiency in using CRM software
· Documented presentation skills
· Demonstrated writing ability
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced social environment
Level of Language Proficiency
English - native proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Local candidates preferred. No relocation provided. Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note BDM I66 in the subject line.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.