Title: Customer Service Manager
Reports to: Director of Customer Service
Bicycle Transit Systems (Bike Transit) was established in 2013 and currently operates bikeshare systems in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Oklahoma City. Our mission is to help communities become greener, healthier, and more connected by operating highly-utilized, financially sustainable bike share systems. Bike Transit employees provide safe, seamless, reliable, and memorable customer experiences, and create mutually-rewarding relationships with our riders, suppliers, and clients. We have an incredible internal culture that emphasizes being innovative, inclusive, responsible, and fun, and are looking for a talented Customer Service Manager to join our team!
The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for managing our customer service department. The CSM will be responsible for achieving high internal and external service levels, and manage the 7 day‐a‐week, 365 day‐a‐year staff team who answers phone calls, responds to emails, direct drivers to ensure a timely bike distribution between stations, and coordinates deeply with marketing and operations. The successful applicant will be a compassionate, customer‐oriented, organized manager and leader with strong technical, written and verbal communication skills. This person should be quantitatively‐oriented and data‐driven. Experience managing a call center is required, and an interest in bike share is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all customers receive the highest level of customer support.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of 18 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week contact center.
- Lead the hiring and training of customer service staff.
- Manage a team of local and remote customer service staff, including payroll, PTO requests, callouts, and scheduling.
- Provide oversight, feedback, and support to customer service staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that our customer service team has the information, skills, and resources to provide excellent customer service.
- Respond to all customer service staff questions and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Lead regular team huddles and all team meetings, and ensure information is relayed across shifts.
- Perform regular on-one-on check-ins with all customer service staff,
- Complete regular performance reviews of customer service staff,
- Conduct regular quality assurance of customer service staff’s work,
- Ensure that the customer service team adheres to company policies and procedures,
- Work with the Customer Service Director to set service levels and ensure that target service levels are met.
- Communicate with general managers, operation and marketing staff, and third-party clients to ensure they are getting the information and support they need for local operations, and that our team is getting the information we need to provide high-quality customer service,
- Closely monitor the system to ensure all operations related service requests and notifications are accurately communicated to the operations team,
- Write and manage the creation of customer service SOPs.
- Ensure the timely fulfillment of new passes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience and a least 3 years managing or supervising.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to delegate work effectively.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Data-driven, highly competent in Excel.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Adaptability and dependability.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Sense of humor required.
- Self-starter and problem solver.
- Ability to hear and seek feedback.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Interest in bikes, bike share, transit, or sustainability a plus.
A few of our benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Free and affordable medical insurance options, and free dental insurance for employees
- Voluntary life and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- 15 days PTO + 10 company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Free bike share memberships
And so much more!
Minimum Education Required