600 California Street, 11th floor
We are the social change agency with more than 30 years of experience working on some of the country’s most important social change and social justice movements. Fenton has almost 60 staff in four offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Washington, DC. We come from a variety of backgrounds, including nonprofits, government agencies, consulting firms and the corporate world. While we work hard, we also appreciate a good happy hour, round of karaoke or game of trivia when we see one.
We are seeking an early to-mid level professional interested in pursuing a career in progressive communications, public relations and issue advocacy.
The Account Executive is an early to-mid level professional interested in pursuing a career in progressive communications, public relations and issue advocacy. The Account Executive works across multiple lines of an account developing and executing on and offline solutions which help our clients to meet their missions. The ideal candidate is comfortable multi- tasking, prioritizing competing deadlines and enjoys taking on new challenges in a creative and innovative environment. S/he has some background in project management and execution, research, earned media or social media campaigns and is a strong writer. This employee has obtained a four-year degree and has two to four years of relevant experience. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to work for, learn from and be mentored by experienced professionals. You’ll join a strong, thriving team under senior direction dedicated to staff development.
The ideal candidate is:
- Interested in and excited by social change and issue campaigns
- A media and news junkie
- A strong communicator with solid communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- A multi-tasker and effective organizer who is capable of managing competing tasks and projects simultaneously while ensuring deadlines are met
- Able to build trust and cultivate strong relationships with teams, clients, vendors and industry professionals
- Someone with sound judgment who maintains a professional “can do” attitude
- Able to clearly and promptly communicate problems, needs, opportunities and proposed solutions to your manager and colleagues in order to solve problems
- Perform tasks accurately and thoroughly to ensure high-quality work is delivered on time
- Able to take the initiative to identify challenges, propose solutions and will take the lead when prompted by a supervisor.
What you’ll do at Fenton:
- Build media lists, pitch reporters, secure interviews and develop media contacts
- Monitor trends/changes in news media, social media, political and nonprofit landscape
- Coordinate project events and schedules
- Assist in developing client strategy working with senior staff
- Ensure that assigned clients receive regular status reports and budget updates
- Support projects in issue management, messaging, branding and public engagement
- Write, proof and edit key documents including: reports, memos, client and media communications, case studies, proposals, letters, emails
- Organize and maintain lists, databases and libraries of critical client and agency information
- Attend strategy and planning meetings with account team; track, record and report on assignments and deliverables
- Act as point of contact for smaller tasks and back up point of contact for larger tasks
- Contribute to projects by conducting research, coordinating with outside vendors and client contacts
- Assist with developing project and task budgets and timelines
- Effectively present updates internally and externally on assignments
- Follow agency operational and accounting processes
- Train and mentor account coordinators
- Keep track of your time and record it properly
- Participate in new business pitches as needed
- Participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions, contributing ideas and tactical approaches to achieve client objectives
- Support the pitch leader in research and materials development
Account Executives are expected to:
- Meet or exceed 32 billable hours each week
- Alert supervisor early each week if there are any obstacles to meeting billable hour targets
- Attend regular staff meetings/team meetings and provide input and feedback on business improvement, including client service, staff development and office procedures
- Pursue professional development plan developed in collaboration with supervisor
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.
Opportunity to work on and make a change in social issues such as global health, criminal justice reform, education, big philanthropy, women's reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, and racial justice to name a few. Competitive medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited vacation, volunteerism/activism days, inclusive corporate culture.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required