Production Coordinator and Special Assistant to the Executive Creative Director - Part Time
- Job posted by Fineas Media
Part Time Contract
I. ABOUT THE ROLE
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to run a cutting edge, Brooklyn-based production company? ...to help nonprofits and other innovative social impact organizations reach their most important audiences? ...to create meaningful, progressive change in the world through original, creative short films, docs and PSA’s?
This position is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of creative film production for social impact, serving as the right-hand officer to the Founder and Executive Creative Director of Fineas Films.
This position is ideal for an ambitious, exceptionally organized individual with 1-3 years of professional experience, who is seeking to take their career in film and social justice to the next level.
In this role you will be the central hub ensuring the success of all of our major projects, while learning the ins and outs of the business. There will be numerous opportunities for learning, growth and professional development in all areas, as well as to contribute substantively to the creative.
We provide an exciting, fast-paced, flexible, collaborative, fair and fun work environment.
***This is a part time position for 20-30 hours (depending on your interest and availability) and that requires at least two hours of work each day. This could become a full time role for the right candidate down the road.***
II. ABOUT US
Fineas is a creative agency and production house focused on storytelling for social change.
Deeply rooted in the craft of story development, Fineas raises empathy and drives action toward a more inclusive, compassionate and sustainable world.
Our strategic approach is fine-tuned for working with NGO's, philanthropies, foundations and corporations tackling some of the most challenging issues facing humanity and the planet. We've produced PSA's and documentary short films for The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, McKinsey & Company, the National Women's Law Center, Vh1 Save the Music Foundation, and many others.
Check out our work at: FineasMedia.com
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
This full-time role is split into 2 components:
- Production Coordinator: Logistics coordination, scheduling, and client liaison for all client projects.
- Special Assistant to the Exec. Creative Director: Provide wrap-around support in all aspects of Fineas’ operations such as finance, business development, and crew management, with close direction from the Exec. Creative Director.
- Exquisite, unparalleled capacity for organization and attention to detail. If you’re doubting for one moment if this is indeed you, we suggest you do not apply.
- At least one year of solid experience in a high-paced coordination role of some kind.
- Proven customer service skills for managing client and crew relationships.
- Previous experience in a support role of some kind.
- Master scheduler.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading ability. You will be proofing and helping to revise all deliverables, proposals, and other crucial, external-facing documents.
Characteristics vital to the role:
- First and foremost, you have an uncanny and unusual attention to detail.
- Related: you are far more organized than the average human.
- You have enough of a big picture perspective that you can handle most tasks and responsibilities with minimal input.
- You are extraordinarily responsible and bring a tremendous degree of ownership to everything you do.
- You are able to bring a supportive, empathetic presence to your professional interactions.
- You are proactive, independent and entrepreneurial.
- You are a master problem-solver.
- You are apt at making people feel comfortable and welcome, particularly in a documentary context.
- You care about social justice and you have a progressive, change-oriented mindset.
- Speak a foreign language (especially Spanish or French)
- Previous experience with social media management of any kind
- Advanced writing ability (can help us develop proposals, scripts, etc.)
- A passion for and knack for story (can help us shape stories both in development and post)
- Experience with light bookkeeping / finance / budgets
IV. TO APPLY
1) You must submit a cover letter (in the body of your email / StaffMeUp message) stating your interest and which of the qualifications listed here you meet. Please do not attach your cover letter.
2) At the top of your cover letter please include the following as a numbered list:
1 - Available start date
2 - A link to your LinkedIn page
3- Where you saw this job post
3) Please ensure your subject line is in the following format “PC PART TIME - LastName, FirstName - DD/MM” (Note, For StaffMeUp applicants who cannot change the subject line please add this to the very top of your cover letter).
4) Please list 3 references. Note, we will not reach out to your references prior to a preliminary conversation with you first.
5) If applying outside of StaffMeUp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and address your cover letter to Pauline.
6) While we are not hiring for a full-time position at the moment, please let us know if you’d have a strong preference for a full-time role in the future.
Minimum Education Required